AMON AMARTH SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Twilight Of The Thunder God wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
SURVIVOR_RULES_016.jpg

Welcome to Amon Amarth Survivor!
There will be 9 albums and 1 EP in the game.
We start off with the first EP and the first album - Sorrow Throughout The Nine Worlds and Once Sent From The Golden Hall.
It's not in the game, but for the sake of completion:
There's a German version of Victorious March that's a bonus from the first album:
And also, first 4 albums were remastered and re-released in 2009, each with a bonus CD consisting of the whole album played live. And there's a video too:
Worth checking out IMO.
First round is extended (5 days) and all new album rounds will be too! And I usually wait for all the regular voters to vote before starting a new round :)
Enjoy!

HAIL! I'm getting into this band at the exact right time!

Everything from the EP except Burning Creation
Ride for Vengeance
Without Fear
Abandoned

Arrival, Mighty Doors, Greyclouded, Dragons', Friends, Abandoned, Once Sent... it was tough, Once Sent is a great album.

It's taken me awhile to get into Amon Amarth, but I really don't like the EP and the first couple albums. Things get better with Crusher and VTW, and then they really get good after that.

Arrival, Mighty Doors, Greyclouded, Abandoned, Amon Amarth. Yep, Once Sent is a very good album. I like it much more than the EP.

It's taken me awhile to get into Amon Amarth, but I really don't like the EP and the first couple albums. Things get better with Crusher and VTW, and then they really get good after that.

There's still some really really good tracks on the early albums. But I think the first album to have amazing tracks is Versus.

I don't like the EP either. I like Once Sent but only 3 songs altogether from Avenger and Crusher. They really start being awesome from Versus The World.

SURVIVOR_RULES_016.jpg

Eliminated:
Under The Greyclouded Winter Sky - 4 votes
Abandoned - 4 votes
Arrival Of The Fimbul Winter - 3 votes
The Mighty Doors Of The Speargod's Hall - 3 votes

Promoted:
Sorrow Throughout The Nine Worlds
Burning Creation

The Avenger joins the game!
Thor Arise is a bonus song from the 2009 remaster of the album. I couldn't find this version anywhere on YouTube (just the demo), so I uploaded it myself:
Check it out, IMO it's second best song on the album.
This round will also be extended :)

...everything on OSFTGH except March and Suncross.
...everything on Avenger except Pagan Blood and God, His Son...
+Thor Arise

Sorry folks, I don't really like these albums. Avenger is better as a whole, but the songs aren't very memorable.

And sorry, NP, Thor Arise is an absolute mess of a song. Those drums...blarg.

Too many votes dude :( Opening songs of both albums are particularly awesome (Ride & Bleed)...

Anyway, my 4 favorites from the 1st album are Ride, Without Fear, March and Amon Amarth.
Just relistened the 2nd album and my opinion on it changed for the better: Bleed, North Sea Storm (super catchy chorus melody), God/Son/Holy Whore and Thor Arise are my favorites... Note: I listened to the live versions of these albums as I recommended to the rest of you above :)

Anyway, voting for all the other songs.

...everything on OSFTGH except March and Suncross.
...everything on Avenger except Pagan Blood and God, His Son...
+Thor Arise

Sorry folks, I don't really like these albums. Avenger is better as a whole, but the songs aren't very memorable.

And sorry, NP, Thor Arise is an absolute mess of a song. Those drums...blarg.

Yeah the drums on that seem way too loud in the mix. I had to listen to the demo version just so the drums weren't so loud. Although it's not THAT good anyway.

Amon Amarth, Pagan Blood, Hulk, Last 3

I'm just not a fan of most death metal and the early albums are just brimming with death metal cliches that drive me crazy: blast beat nonsense, chord trill riffs over blast beat nonsense, vocals thrown on top of that mess...

Not to mention the vocals just aren't up to par yet, not in tone, structure, or melody. They get way better by Crusher.

But Amon Amarth only has one song with blast beats - Thor Arise. And I agree about the vocals, which is why I listen to live versions exclusively.

Back