Am I mad or does Nicko just get better and better?

Hawkmoon

Prowler
I have to say I just LOVe the current Maiden live versions of old Maiden classics like Hallowed. Is it me or do some of Nicko's recent (and by that I mean, say, 2005+) interpretations of the drum parts for some classic Maiden tracks sound phenomenal, and often better than the original ? I find myself now thinking that some of the original album drum parts pale into insignificance against the current live interpretations. Man, this guy just gets better with age, like the wine he loves. What do you think?!

"Am I mad or does Nicko just get better and better?"

Well, your sanity on that is at least not in question.  ;) He definitely seems to just get better and better with age. Starblind is a great example... or the ability he's shown lately to find the beats that seem counter to the music yet fit so perfectly, all in a manner that fits the complexity of the topics (and life itself)... if that makes any sense...

I noticed that too. I love the part in For a Greater Good of God where he starts to ring that cymbal in the background (about 5:12) and i was surprised with his great performance on TFF.

Though one of the best banging-the-shit-out-of-me pieces for me still is Where Eagles Dare :p

Back