All Tour Intros

gor

Ancient Mariner
EUROPE ’80
A shorter version of “The Ides Of March”, without the solos in the middle.

KILLERS WORLD TOUR 1981
“The Ides Of March” played through the PA.

BEAST ON THE ROAD 1982
The slow intro of “Murders In The Rue Morgue” played through the PA.

WORLD PIECE TOUR 1983
"Main Title" by Ron Goodwin from the OST of the movie "Where Eagles Dare" (1968)

WORLD SLAVERY TOUR 1984
“Churchill's Speech” from The House Of Commons (Dunkirk, June 4th 1940) followed by the slow intro of “Aces High” played through the PA.

SOMEWHERE ON TOUR 1986
New American Orchestra's version of “Bladerunner Theme” by Vangelis. In 86/87 they used a slightly longer version of the intro for the US leg of the tour. It was followed by the sound of a ticking clock, the sound of an explosion and the slow intro of "Caught Somewhere In Time" played through the PA.

SEVENTH TOUR OF A SEVENTH TOUR 1988
"Seven Deadly Sins" from “Moonchild” intro was played through the PA.

NO PRAYER ON THE ROAD 1990
"Main Title" by Ron Goodwin from the OST of the Movie "633 Squadron" (1964).

FEAR OF THE DARK WORLD TOUR 1992
A roll of thunder, followed by an unknown short piece of music.

THE X FACTOUR 1995
No tour intro

VIRTUAL XI WORLD TOUR 1998
"Dance of the Knights" (Scene 2, No 13) from the ballet "Romeo and Juliet" by Sergei Prokofiev (1935/36).

ED-HUNTOUR 1999
Sound of a heartbeat , then “Transylvania” through the PA followed by “Churchill's Speech” from The House Of Commons (Dunkirk, June 4th 1940).

BRAVE NEW WORLD TOUR 2000
Remix of the song "Arthur's Farewell" by Jerry Goldsmith from the OST of the movie "The First Knight" (1995).
Lyrics of the remixed version:

Adorate me, Adorate me, Adorate me, Adorate, Adoraate :| (3 times)
Dominus deus, Dominus noster, Dominus mortus est
Hoc regnum meum est, Hoc regnum meum est
Deus in caelo, Deus in caelooooo

Translation:

|: Adore Me, Adore Me, Adore Me, Adore (God), Adore (God) :| (3 times)
The Lord (is) God, Our Lord, Lord (Arthur) is Dead
This is my Kingdom, This is my Kingdom
God in Heaven, God in Heaven

GIVE ME ‘ED… ‘TILL I’D DEAD WORLD TOUR 2003
UFO's "Doctor, Doctor" followed by the spoken Intro of “The Number of the Beast”.

DANCE OF DEATH WORLD TOUR 2003
UFO's "Doctor, Doctor" followed by “Declamation” by Chris Payne from the movie "Vidocq" (2001) but not on the OST. The lyrics are taken from the "Missa da Requiem"

Confutatis maledictis
Juste judex ultionis
|: Dies irae, eleison
Pie Jesu, (in) domine :|

Translation:

When the accused are confounded
Righteous judge of vengeance
|: Day of wrath, have mercy on us
gentle Lord Jesus :|

Blimey! That took a bit of research!

Well done once again Gor! [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Wow ! gor proved once again why he IS THE FUCKING MAN !!!

Please Mr. Gor, take this nana and this bow as a symbol of my gratitude to your existence

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Doctor Doctor was played on both Give me Ed... and DoD tour, in Montreal at least [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Doctor Doctor was played before the intro of the DoD tour in stockholm too. I think it was for the whole tour, as we discussed this intro before, just when the setlist came about, some people said that doctor doctor was played right before it.

Is 'Doctor Doctor' a part of this two tours intros ?

1 - NO : in fact, this is just a song played through the PA, not very loud, and the lights are still on. And after this song, lights turn off and the show begins.

2 - YES : it's sure that something is happening in the audience when we heard this song. The first time - during 'Give me Ed' - I was sure that it will be the last song through the PA. And it was confirmed.
And During 'Dance of Death Tour', when this song was played, a big part of the audience understood that the show will begin just after this song. So, excitement grew and it was like the show has begun.

NB : both concerts in Paris. But I think 'Doctor Doctor' was played everywhere.

Edit : And I'm not able to say which other songs were played through the PA before the show. So this song has certainly something special...

Nice job gor.

Interesting! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

"Doctor, Doctor" was also played as an "intro" during the Beast on the Road tour.

analogkid2112

Doctor, Doctor was also played at the Long Beach Arena during the Gimme Ed Tour and at the Universal Amphitheatre during the DOD Tour. We know that Steve was inspired by UFO and it was probably played as an honour to the band UFO.

Back