1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All the VXI songs come to life live

Discussion in 'Virtual XI' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From the bootlegs i own, these widely critiscised VXI songs really come to life live, i think this shows that the restricted nature of the production and the lack of real passion in the studio let the album down as when played live on the vxi tour, all of these songs are amazing (apart from como estais -they didnt play it [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

2. dogigniter

dogigniter Ancient Mariner

They were pretty good live, but then again what isn't with Maiden? I myself think the Virtual XI album is pretty good, above average. Obviously it's not perfect and maybe its something the band want to forget about now (Although its debatable if they want to remember any of their albums because every time they make one and do the tour I think that they put it behind them and start again.)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vxi songs are great live
    ANd its a better album than no prayer, fotd, killers, dance of death

4. ohgar_boy

ohgar_boy Trooper

[!--QuoteBegin-mcbrainlegend+Sep 16 2004, 07:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mcbrainlegend @ Sep 16 2004, 07:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Vxi songs are great live
    [snapback]86767[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

Npftd, fotd, and killers maybe- but not Dance of Death..no way.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[!--QuoteBegin-ohgar_boy+Sep 16 2004, 07:55 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ohgar_boy @ Sep 16 2004, 07:55 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Npftd, fotd, and killers maybe- but not Dance of Death..no way.
    [snapback]86774[/snapback]​
    [/quote]
    im not sure lol

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[!--QuoteBegin-mcbrainlegend+Jul 30 2004, 07:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mcbrainlegend @ Jul 30 2004, 07:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]apart from como estais -they didnt play it [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
    [snapback]79738[/snapback]​
    [/quote]
    if you want to hear CEA live, get some BLAZE bootlegs. As with the rest of the album, it only gets better when played live.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[!--QuoteBegin-mcbrainlegend+Sep 16 2004, 07:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mcbrainlegend @ Sep 16 2004, 07:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Vxi songs are great live
    [snapback]86767[/snapback]​
    [/quote]
    You must be high. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

8. Onhell

Onhell Mexican Revolutionary

[!--QuoteBegin-DOD=WEAK+Jun 1 2005, 12:44 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DOD=WEAK @ Jun 1 2005, 12:44 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] My life IS all about hating DOD.
    [snapback]106603[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

You have a very pathetic and sad life my friend. Your slave mentality is severe and I can't comprehend why put DOD on your nick if you hate it so much.... Grow up, going through your posts i like going through a five-year-olds attempts at writting.

9. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

Onhell, you're speaking to thin air. DOD=WEAK has been banned for some time now. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

10. Onhell

Onhell Mexican Revolutionary

LOL why am I the last one to know this things? I guess that's what I get for checking this place once every three days. Thanks for the FYI

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, even a song like The Apparition could come to life live.

It doesn't matter..the atmosphere is different and every song sounds electrifying.

I do not consider Virtual XI better than No Prayer for the Dying, since I choose rawness above the somewhat weak softy production of Virtual XI. But I think it's a bit better than FOTD en even the debut album. Mostly because I like complexity and with the exception of a few songs FOTD and Iron Maiden didn't make it.