Alice in Chains Survivor Results: Would? Wins.

Satisfied with the results?

• Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This was a farce, I hate you all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would is the only song by AiC I really like. I hope it wins.

Not even Man in the Box?

"Geeeeee-yai-yai-yaisus Chriiiiiist"

It's just so catchy... yet so annoying. Just like Dominique. That's why it should win.

Voting against both Rain and Would, because I was completely crazy about both once and both are now so overplayed now to me I find it hard to enjoy them anymore.

Would, Man in the Box and Dirt are my favorite AiC songs, and the only ones that I'd go out of my way to listen to.

Very surprised to see Rain When I Die and Angry Chair make it this far. I thought they were nothing special when I heard Dirt. I'd take Would, Dirt, Dam That River, Them Bones, Down in a Hole and Rooster over them without hesitation.

Would? and Man In The Box are great songs but not the style of AiC I prefer. I prefer their slower atmospheric stuff like Dirt, Junkhead, Frogs, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, Love, Hate, Love etc. And when it comes to albums Dirt > Dinosaurs > AiC > Black > debut.

Would? and Man In The Box are AiC's Run To The Hills and The Number Of The Beast, in that they are great songs but both bands have so much better stuff.

I'm also really disappointed in AiC's setlists: from Dinosaurs they only seem to play Hollow and Stone; both fine songs but they played it really safe with them. They played Phantom Limb and Choke a couple of times only, and Voices which is the worst song off Dinosaurs.

My Top 10 would prob be something like:
Love, Hate, Love
Down In A Hole
Junkhead
Dirt
Angry Chair
Grind
All Secrets Known
The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
Breath On A Window
Choke
(in chronological order)

I have also come to like Dinosaurs a lot lately and I'm very disappointed with those songs being absent from setlists. Choke and Hung on a Hook could easily replace Down in a Hole and Your Decision, and Breath on a Window is better than Would? I do love their classics and my top ten would look like this..

1. Angry Chair
2. Man in the Box
3. Dirt
4. Hollow
5. Sludge Factory
6. Junkhead
7. A Looking in View
8. Breath on a Window
9. It Ain't Like That
10. Acid Bubble

I'm also really mad that we got rid of most of Facelift early. It Ain't Like That, I Can't Remember, and Sunshine, are simply amazing songs that should have been in contention for top ten.

Very surprised to see Rain When I Die and Angry Chair make it this far. I thought they were nothing special when I heard Dirt.
Dirt is a flawless album, apart from that awful thing in the middle called Iron Gland. Rain When I Die and Angry Chair are highlights! It took me a couple listens to get in to the album. I would definitely try the album again, it's such a rewarding listen!

Eliminated
Angry Chair :(

AiC Top Ten of Epicness

4. Angry Chair
5. Down in a Hole
6. Bleed the Freak
7. Dirt
8. Junkhead
9. Rooster
10. Dam That River

DIE WOULD?

Man in the Box deserves to win this game.

Just a general observation, but why do so many people hate Slither by Metallica when it has a very similar sound to Man In The Box?

Just a general observation, but why do so many people hate Slither by Metallica when it has a very similar sound to Man In The Box?
Because it's terrible and blatant Alice in Chains ripoff.

It's not terrible. It's actually pretty good. There's enough of a difference there for it to be its own thing, it's not a poor imitation, but it seems to have drawn inspiration to me.

Eliminated:
Rain When I Die

AiC Top Ten of Epicness
3. Rain When I Die
4. Angry Chair
5. Down in a Hole
6. Bleed the Freak
7. Dirt
8. Junkhead
9. Rooster
10. Dam That River

Dirt is the only AiC album I've ever heard, looks I'm not missing that much by not checking out the rest. (I wasn't super impressed by Dirt anyway, good album, not great)

I've heard the Jar of Flies EP and Dirt maybe once. I can't get into them enough to be able to sit through a whole album. I can always enjoy Would though.

For people who think Dirt, Facelift etc are just OK but not really their style should try the newer albums like Black Gives Way to Blue or Dinosaurs. It's still AiC, but more modern sounding, heavier and less 90s grunge.

For people who think Dirt, Facelift etc are just OK but not really their style should try the newer albums like Black Gives Way to Blue or Dinosaurs. It's still AiC, but more modern sounding, heavier and less 90s grunge.

Layne's voice and the band's style were the things that brought me into checking them out in the first place, so I wouldn't be that hopeful.

I was disappointed about the level of songwriting, because Would? was the first song I heard from them and I thought it was a masterpiece (Still do) and nothing else on Dirt comes close to that song in my book.

The album survivor is next and I was wondering how we should handle the EP's. Specifically Jar of Flies and Sap, considering they have some songs that are important to this band.

My idea was that we could just group those two together and call it Jar of Sap, or we could just leave them out of the game. Up to you guys, I just want a general consensus.

Back