Albums you own on more than one format?

Ziggyplayedguitar

Educated Fool
Just got to thinking about this, here’s some of mine:

GNR - Appetite For Destruction - cd and vinyl (banned cover)
Maiden- No Prayer- cd and vinyl Tailgunner album
Rolling Stones - satanic majesties cd and vinyl
Out of our heads- vinyl, mono and stereo cd versions
Let it bleed- mono and stereo cds
The Beatles - let it be- vinyl and cd
Marillion- clutching at straws- cassette & vinyl versions
Maiden- Somewhere In Time- vinyl and cd

all maiden albums on many different formats
some suicidal tendencies on lp or tape and cd
reign in blood on original cd and reissued cd that has correct transition between postmortem and raining blood, I think I still have the tape too
kill em all, ride the lightening and master of puppets original and recent remaster cds. I used to have all the lps up to AJFA as well but sold them
so far so good so what original and remaster cd

Only Maiden really.
All albums up to BNW on cd and cassette. All cds from debut to FOTD are 1995 2-cd box set reissues. A few on vinyl inc original debut, original POM, original LAD 2 lp, original 7th Son pic disc, original No Prayer US red vinyl and original BNW 2 lp pic disc.

I have a cd version of the debut dated 1980 which I found in HMV years ago but the internet tells me that cds only came out in 1982. Cant lay my hands on it to check the serial number but I'm pretty sure that 1980 is the only date on it, and the booklet is just 2 pages, no extra stuff associated with re-issues. Any idea what this is? Doesnt look like a boot. Has the original UK tracklisting. Suppose I'll have to dig it out to double check the date.

The only other I have is Appetite for Destruction on cassette and cd but thats because its the best album ever released so it would be rude not to.

I have quite a few on vinyl and CD, including most Maiden.

The first CD I bought was Somewhere in Time. I bought my first CD player when the album was fresh and I was right into it, so I bought it again on CD when I bought my player. I believe the others I bought at the same time were Blue Oyster Cults Club Ninja and Triumph’s Sport Of Kings.
I remember sound quality being a big part of the CD decisions.

I have a cd version of the debut dated 1980 which I found in HMV years ago but the internet tells me that cds only came out in 1982. Cant lay my hands on it to check the serial number but I'm pretty sure that 1980 is the only date on it, and the booklet is just 2 pages, no extra stuff associated with re-issues. Any idea what this is? Doesnt look like a boot. Has the original UK tracklisting. Suppose I'll have to dig it out to double check the date.

I would say it's the original cd issue, I think they came out mid 80's, but it would still have the original 1980 copyright year.

Original cd has the catalogue number CDEMS 1538, it's also possibly a "Fame" reissue which is a label EMI had where they would re-release albums at a reasonable price, that has the catalogue number, EMC 3330

since I opened my spreadsheet (nerd alert) of Maiden albums to get those catalogue numbers, I checked the amout of formats I have of various Maiden albums, Killers tops the list with 15 versions:

Killers UK LP EMC 3357
Killers UK LP FA 41 3122 1 Fame Version
Killers US LP ST_12141 Features bonus track Twilight Zone
Killers US LP 88697023821-l1 2006 re-issue, originally planned to be released in 1998, only available from Hot Topic stores, Features bonus track Twilight Zone Pic Disc
Killers Australia LP EMC 3357 Features bonus track Women In Uniform
Killers Picture Disc Collection 1980 -1988 UK LP 972 9331 Double Pic Disc with Gatefold Sleeve
Killers The Complete Albums Collection 1980 - 1988 EU LP 2564625242

Killers UK MC TC-EMC 3357
Killers UK MC FA 41 3122 4 Fame Version
Killers US MC 4XT 12141 Features bonus track Twilight Zone

Killers UK CD CDEMS 1536
Killers UK CD CD-FA3122 Fame Version
Killers US CD CDP 7 914162 Features bonus track Twilight Zone
Killers US CD Castle 103-2/1 1995 US Re-issue with bonus CD featuring the 5 track version of Maiden Japan
Killers UK CD 496 9170 digitally remastered re-issue, features bonus track Twilight Zone

I’ve just got a few albums that I own more than one copy of, the first Megadeth album (1999 version and 2002 remaster), Katatonia - The great cold distance (slipcase version and DVDA version) comes to my head. I have bought new versions of some albums, got rid of old copies and replaced with new ones many times (Joy division remasters from 2007, Radiohead box set with digipack-versions replacing original copies, and some other stuff)

I would say it's the original cd issue, I think they came out mid 80's, but it would still have the original 1980 copyright year.

it's also possibly a "Fame" reissue
Aye pretty sure it has Fame on the back. Cheers for the info.
Killers is still strangely missin from my vinyl collection. I pretty much have a version of everythin from the Di'Anno era on vinyl except that. For some reason I have no interest in vinyl after Di'Anno. Somethin about the rawness of the early stuff makes me want it on vinyl but after Killers I sort of think that the cd/digital is grand but I want the early vinyl for that 'authentic' sound.

Back