Advertisement forum?

A

Anonymous

Since a lot of people post advertisements of their bands/websites/articles for sale into inappropriate forums (Iron Maiden, Trade and even General Discussion), I thought maybe it would be in order to create an Advertisement Forum for this kind of stuff, so it ceases to annoy people and reaches the kind of audience it is aimed at. Any thoughts?

NO.

I think it's a mistake to even suggest that our forum is open for advertisements. We can make case-by-case exceptions for Maiden tribute bands or other Maiden-related ads if warranted. Aside from that, it isn't that hard for the moderators to squash any inappropriate ads.

In theory I would agree. But I'm afraid it will only lead to a clunky forum for it could attract too many advertising.

OR, posts could be approved by a mod before being posted.

Not sure about this, for it would create too much work for nothing.

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-The Saint+Apr 22 2005, 11:27 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Saint @ Apr 22 2005, 11:27 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]OR, posts could be approved by a mod before being posted.
[snapback]102715[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That would be the only way to do it really. We'd need some kind of standard of what posts would get approval - does it have to be Maiden-related, or just metal-related? Do we allow people to promote their own bands?

Yes, it would be more work for the mods, but I think it's the only way such a forum could be kept from becoming a massive cesspool of spam.

Note that I'm not changing my opinion - I still think such a forum is a bad idea in the first place. I'm only commenting on an alternative.

It's more work, but who will really read that forum ? We could try, but it seems it would be an abandonned zone of the Maidenfans forum for many would avoid it, imo.

Cheers

I don't really see the point. People can advertise their websites in the signatures, their interesting Maiden tat in Maiden Chat and everything else would be spam

And, besides, if anything is decided as particularly important or mindbending, it goes in the News Forums.

Back