ADRIAN SMITH SURVIVOR 2013, PART 1: Results -> Tortured Tone wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
SURVIVOR_RULES_004.jpg

Albums included:
1. Urchin - Urchin (8 songs - 4 get promoted)
2. Urchin - remaining Urchin songs (12 songs - 4 get promoted)
3. A.S.A.P. - Silver & Gold (14 songs - 4 get promoted)
4. The Untouchables (4 songs - 2 get promoted)
5. Psycho Motel - State Of Mind (12 songs - 4 get promoted)
6. Psycho Motel - Welcome To The World (13 songs - 4 get promoted)
7. Primal Rock Rebellion - Awoken Broken (14 songs - 4 get promoted)

We start with first two albums from the list!
If you're not familiar with The Intouchables or Urchin, check out this post: http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/survivor-tracker-thread.22968/page-10#post-389624 (Thanks Ariana :))

Last edited:
Actually this survivor might be interesting in the fact that it seems we only have a couple of members here who know this stuff, the rest of us will listen to it with fresh ears and unbiased opinions :yes:

Oh geez, looks like I'm the first voter. This was a lot harder than I thought.... I almost feel bad picking any of these because they're all great! (You might see my say this a couple times through out this. :lol:) But these were the ones I wasn't as fond of as the rest.

Keep It Mellow
Life in the City
Don't Ask Me
Get Up and Get Out
Steal My Heart

Could not resist any longer. :p

Watch Me Walk Away
The Late Show
Get Up and Get Out
Madman

And just a tiny correction, if I may. The song is actually called "The Late Show", not "The Latest".

The main riff in Animals sounds like it was literally copied from a Golden Earring song. Can't think of the title now. I'll try to find it later.

Found it (damn I'll be late for work if I stay longer here):
The riff in question starts at 0:44

This is video H could have seen but unfortunately here the sound and video are totally not in sync (video is perhaps 5 seconds behind the audio!) (the YouTube-uploader said he would try this again but still didn't do that):

I am not sure. It's not a middle of the road riff with all these accents. The Earring were not an unknown band. I think they already toured the US twice at that point.

edit:
This is actually one of their most famous songs from that period (stayed long in their setlist) and if I recall well, a Steve Harris favourite (I'll look that up as well but first to work!). :)

Not too impressed... I blame high expectations due to excess hype! A few gems in a whole bunch of forgettable songs.

See Right Through You
Watch Me Walk Away
Keeping It Mellow
Life In The City
Don't Ask Me
Get Up & Get Out
Need Somebody
Steal My Heart

You think he would just steal it? I really doubt that, especially if it was a well-known song and people are likely to have heard it.
Adrian says that when they write unexpected imfluences emerge from years back. It could be that he heard it and then subconsciously replicated it.

You think he would just steal it? I really doubt that, especially if it was a well-known song and people are likely to have heard it.
Adrian says that when they write unexpected imfluences emerge from years back. It could be that he heard it and then subconsciously replicated it.
At least you agree with me that it is logical that he must have heard it. :)

However it landed in the Urchin song; I will spare it in this phase but later on I can't ignore the unoriginality aspect (he should have been more careful! ;-)), I'm afraid. Too bad because it is a fine track for the rest.

He could have but we don't know if he did. :) Don't be too harsh on him, he was only learning back then.

Back