ADRIAN SMITH SURVIVOR 2013, PART 2: Results -> The Evil That Men Do wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I like Evil more, but Sixes has a good point in that Stranger is more "Adrian."

*listens to the song again* .....Can I change my vote....?
...No! I'm sticking to my guns. I like Evil more! (It's too late anyway :lol: )

As far as I know Stranger is credited to Adrian alone...The Evil That Men Do is a Smith/Dickinson/Harris piece...so who knows how much he really did in that?
He probably wrote all the riffs and melodies with Steve doing the arrangements and Bruce writing lyrics.

Stranger is definitely the most "Adrian" song of the two, but if we were judging based on that, then Wasted Years should've won really. Stranger should win because it's just a much better song.

Last edited:
"He probably wrote all the riffs and melodies with Steve doing the arrangements and Bruce writing lyrics"

But we don't know that though :S

No, it's obviously speculation. We know that Bruce and Adrian like to collaborate that way and Steve tends to want a hand in putting it all together.

Not that this is always the case, CIPWM was written in a completely different way.

Last edited:
Night Prowler instructed us to vote for our "least favourite song", not the "least Adrian song".

Good....but this is till the Adiran Smith Survivor...So do what ya wanna :lol:
Night Prowler instructed us to vote for our "least favourite song", not the "least Adrian song".

Hehe sure...but what's the use of the name "Adrian Smith" in the survivor name then? ;)

Ah what the heck. I didn't really want Evil in the final, but I listen to it far more than Stranger.

I've been voting this whole time on how I feel about a specific song combined with how much I believe Adrian contributed, hence why I was quite shocked to see Wasted not make it to the finale. But, that is definitely a different mindset than just voting for your favorite song, and I'm sure not one that everyone is using.

SURVIVOR_RULES_005.jpg

Top 10
01. The Evil That Men Do
02. Stranger In A Strange Land
03. Paschendale
04. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
05. Wasted Years
06. The Wicker Man
07. The Prisoner
08. Sea Of Madness
09. These Colours Don't Run
10. Moonchild

Thanks to everyone who voted! Interesting and unexpected result, I'm happy that Paschendale didn't win, so I'm satisfied with it :)

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting!
I'd ideally have put everything in a different order, but hey...

Thanks Prowler.
Starblind's absence is a gaping hole, :eek:Moonchild's presence a travesty. :confused:
:p

I'm happy with the results. I just realized that 3 of my Maiden top 10 (The Prisoner, Wasted Years and Evil) made it to this top 10 so I'm quite pleased with this even though Wasted Years could have gone a tad higher. :p And well, I have no problems with Moonchild being in the top 10.....for no particular reason at all.... :innocent:

Thanks again for hosting another great Adrian Survivor, NP!

Last edited:
Back