Aces High Cover.

Nice cover! Great job on the sound quality.

I do think that the intro is wrong, but everyone seemes to do it that way on youtube.

Thanks Mega, this is Brian (Played Adrian's parts). That's the way my official Poweslave / Somewhere in Time tab book by Wolf Marshall shows the 2 leads there. I did find some other mistakes in the book, but I think the intro is right on guitar haha. Well about 98% haha. We didn't spend a whole lot of time to get the timing studio-tight or anything :)

No worries!

I'm not arguing with that, but I'm hearing some lower notes at some points in the riff. I would tab it if I knew how to do that with a keyboard.

Jeffmetal said:
Don't rely on books. As great as they are said to be, go over all the song with your ears.

I heard those notes, but brushed them off as the bass. Brian learned the song about 9 years ago, and he did send me  a rough version of him  playing it on mp3 and like he said his version didn't have those lower notes. I then learned the song in about 4 hours and recorded my parts, that is me in the video. I do hear those notes though, but again have brushed them off as the bass, but i'm no expert on that song so i can't argue right or wrong in that regard, just wanted you guys to know how i came to the conclusion:D

Thanks for taking the time to check out our video.

Take Care,

Joe

Jeffmetal said:
Don't rely on books. As great as they are said to be, go over all the song with your ears.

I totally agree with that. Like I said I did find numerous other errors in the book when playing along with the CD. The book is a shortcut but not expected to be totally accurate man. I'd like to see the correct tab so I would know what I've been doing wrong for all this time :)

I think I hear the wrong part - listening to the original track now. Sounds like every 4 times that intro 6-note riff repeats, there's one or 2 notes that are different on the 3rd group of 6 - right? But I can't make out exactly what the notes are.

Something along that line.

Without any refrence to timing, the notes are C# and D for one guitar and E and F# on the other.
I'm pretty sure that's that, correct me if I'm wrong.

Back