1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Deletion

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by holysmoke, May 29, 2013.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. holysmoke

holysmoke Guest

I was wondering if there is an account deletion option, 'cause I would like to delete mine for certain reasons, and just a little suggestion that this forum needs more moderation.

Thank you. :)

2. Shadow

Shadow Deluxe Edition Staff Member

You can't delete your own account, but seeing that this is your one and only post, I can't see why it matters.

3. holysmoke

holysmoke Guest

So you're saying there's no way one can delete their account?

4. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

I'm curious about the forum needing more moderation. In what way?

5. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

There's plenty of moderation, just no 'delete your account' button

6. Perun

Perun At the Heart of Winter Staff Member

Do elaborate.

7. Natalie

Natalie Insect of Terror Staff Member

I would appreciate feedback on the 'needing more moderation' bit, especially since your post only appears here because I approved it...the software had already put it down as spam.

8. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Yes. I'd also like to know. If anything, considering the active members here, there's even too much moderator presence at times :lol:

9. Jon

Jon Administrator Staff Member

I'm not really sure I get this - you joined 20 minutes before you posted this message. Every popular piece of forum software works the same way, vBulletin, phpBB etc. - none let users delete their own accounts.

We don't use your user account info for anything, you won't get any promotional e-mail etc, so being a member of the forum is really just letting you post/use the forum as a registered user.

With that said, I've deleted the account.

10. Yax

Yax Ancient Mariner

My best guess is that he signed up for a new account to ask this question regarding an old user account?