A Question about Blaze

Invader

Ancient Mariner
I found out today that Blaze is touring in Scandinavia in April, and am now considering going to a gig.  I haven't listened to any of Blaze's solo work before and probably will not have much of a chance to get any before the gig, so I'm wondering how many Maiden songs the band would be playing.  Could someone who has been to a Blaze gig before estimate how much of their set would be comprised of Maiden songs? :)  This would probably be my only chance to hear Blaze-era Maiden songs in a long time.

By the way, I don't mean that I wouldn't want to hear Blaze's solo songs, but I don't think it would be worth it going to a gig where most of the setlist is completely new to me.

Invader said:
I found out today that Blaze is touring in Scandinavia in April, and am now considering going to a gig.  I haven't listened to any of Blaze's solo work before and probably will not have much of a chance to get any before the gig, so I'm wondering how many Maiden songs the band would be playing.  Could someone who has been to a Blaze gig before estimate how much of their set would be comprised of Maiden songs? :)  This would probably be my only chance to hear Blaze-era Maiden songs in a long time.

By the way, I don't mean that I wouldn't want to hear Blaze's solo songs, but I don't think it would be worth it going to a gig where most of the setlist is completely new to me.

Ive not been to a Blaze concert yet (soon will have in May), but I estimate around 3 to 4 judging by past concerts. Virus, Futureal, Sign of the Cross and Man on The Edge seem to be regulars.

Invader said:

LISTEN TO BLAZE'S SOLO ALBUMS.

He'll play 3-4 Maiden covers.  Seriously, I wish he would ditch playing any Maiden songs and focus on his own works.  They're too good not too play.  He has enough depth in his material to play solely his own music, with the added benefit of not pissing anyone off.

GO OUT AND BUY SILICON MESSIAH AND THE TENTH DIMENSION NOW!

P.S.  Shouldn't this be in solo talk?

Whoops, sorry.  Never posted in the side/solo projects forum before, so I forgot about it completely.  Thanks for moving. :)

As for Blaze's solo material, I have tried.  It's just very hard finding any as downloads and I haven't seen his records in record shops either. :(

Invader said:
Whoops, sorry.  Never posted in the side/solo projects forum before, so I forgot about it completely.  Thanks for moving. :)

As for Blaze's solo material, I have tried.  It's just very hard finding any as downloads and I haven't seen his records in record shops either. :(

Try ordering from Blaze's own record company, Im sure he'll like that, lol. I haven't got my hands on his albums yet either, I have only ever seen As Live As It Gets once in HMV and I couldnt buy it then.
Probably be that Blaze will sell some of his albums at his gigs, so maybe pick them up then.

I have seen him doing When Two Worlds Collide as well. I think you'd appreciate Blaze's own music and enthousiasm on stage.

Invader said:

I could link you a torrent... but the albums themselves I would buy.  I ordered them over the internet, got 'em in a couple days.  No biggie.

Back