A little help in buying a guitar.

SneakySneaky

Trooper
Hey boys and girls!

I am planning on buying an acoustic guitar and I would appreciate some opinions.  First off,  my budget is around 350 Euros,  but if there happens to be something very good,  I can add another 100 or so.  Second,  I'm left handed.  Now this is what makes everything tough,  as there aren't many left handed guitar models.

There are a couple of things that I would like on the guitar.  I'd prefer a cutaway design,  and a rather slim neck,  as close to an electric as it can be. 

After having done some research,  I've found the following models: 
a)Fender Sonoran SCE
b)Ibanez EW20LASE
c)Cort MR 710f
d)Seagull CW s6

As you will notice only the seagull exceeds my budget,  but I've heard and read some very good things about it.  I am planning on trying all of them out,  just to see if they "feel" right.  But still I would like to hear your opinions.  Is the Seagull worth the extra 100?  If I don't find it's neck as satisfying (I've read it's a bit wider for an acoustic standard),  which of the rest do you think I should go for?  I have to admit the Ibanez looks pretty nice,  but it lacks a solid top,  and from what I've read it's a key feature.

Also,  although I've said I want an acoustic guitar,  you'll probably notice that 3 out of 4 are electro-acoustics.  That's because I just couldn't find any acoustic guitars at that price range.  That's another reason why I'm leaning towards the Seagull.  It costs 100 Euros more than the rest, and it doesn't have any electronics,  which means that all the money goes to the guitar itself (woods etc).

Any advice will be much appreciated  :)!

I'd say Ibanez, I'm not sur if I've played in that model thought, the only thing I can tell with certainity
is that I have play with some Fender and some Ibanez in my life ; speaking of about same prices, Ibanez were
always better ; more soft to play than Fender, more "sweet" sound -yet less crystalic than Fenders'

so if you play not just accords but to do soloing too, try Ibanez
if you want to play the classic ballad acoustic guitar Fender is your choice

Thx for the reply No5,  but I've already bought the Seagull.  It's strange you suggested these two companies.  Most people tend to say Ibanez acoustics are really bad (lack the quality control),  and Fenders are simply sub par (not bad,  but you can definitely find something better with that money).  I'm pretty happy with my Seagull,  very good build quality and sound.  But anyway,  thanks again. :)

I don't remember the feel of Seagull or Cort....

Ibanez of that price (350€) I've never tried either -I was on about 900€ mark-
also made some recordings, and being very happy with it
...but after is the style I was playing -a compination of soloing /accords the same time
(is like you hear two guitars playing) so its sweet playing was all I wanted

Seagull,  very good build quality and sound.

keep it warm so ! have a nice trip with "her"  ;)

Back