1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9 Mind-Blowing facts about Iron Maiden. I still can't get over #7

Discussion in 'Can I Play with Madness?' started by Perun, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

1. Steve Harris played bass on all songs on every Iron Maiden album, including The Duellists.
    2. There is in fact no evidence that Bruce Dickinson was naked during the recording of Somewhere in Time.
    3. Derek Riggs was not specifically asked to draw a broken wheel on the cannon on the Trooper cover, but he did so anyway.
    4. Contrary to common belief, Steve Harris did not play drums on Virtual XI. Nicko McBrain did.
    5. All albums by Iron Maiden are classified as 'heavy metal'.
    6. Eddie appears on the cover for The Final Frontier. He is seen in the centre of the picture holding a glowing key.
    7. There is no tambourine on Powerslave.
    8. Blaze Bayley appears on the same amount of albums as Paul Di'anno does, but dave Murray appears on more.
    9. The X-Factor was the first Iron Maiden album released in 1995.

2. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Not true. The X Factor was. Unreliable list.

3. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

According to the info shown on my Windows Media Player, Dance of Death is 'Rock', Seventh Son is 'Alternative', while FOTD, Iron Maiden, Live After Death and Powerslave are all 'Pop'.

terrell39 and DJMayes like this.
  4. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

I'm going to need to see some proof before I can believe all of these so-called "facts".

5. RTC

RTC Libera et impera!

Yet SiT is just metal?

6. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Trivia question:
    What songs that Maiden recorded did Steve Harris not play bass on?

7. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

Wow. I really had no idea about 7 of those facts. Thanks for sharing.

8. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I'm confused. When I open a clickbait link, there's usually more cleavage.

Niall Kielt likes this.
  9. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

The story goes that he didn't play bass on Reach Out (and perhaps also That Girl). But I don't think I have ever seen a band member or some sort of official statement about this. So I am not 100% sure if it's true. Who remembers where this info come?

10. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Indeed. Adrian is meant to have recorded most of the guitar parts, including bass, for both those tracks. I've never seen a source either or have forgotten.

11. Spambot

Spambot Nomad

Yes, but there is also no evidence that Bruce Dickinson wasn't naked during the recording of Somewhere in Time.
    Remaining facts are solid.