1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

22, Acacia Avenue

Discussion in 'The Number Of The Beast' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is 22, Acacia Avenue on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

28.9%
  2. 9

31.1%
  3. 8

11.1%
  4. 7

24.4%
  5. 6

2.2%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nick2632

Nick2632 Nomad

10/10. Such a great song! Really like the intro on this one, and the bass and drums are phenomenal. A great way to end side 1 of The Beast.

2. Naty

Naty Educated Fool

10/10! My third favorite on the album. Awesome vocals, solos and bass lines. I wish they would play this song again...

3. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

9/10. Really well written; the sections complement each other perfectly. Instead of the typical verse-chorus rock song, this one is a roller-coaster.

4. DJMayes

DJMayes Educated Fool

7. Overall a pretty good song. One of the few where the lyrics make me slightly cringe though.

Rankings:

Previous Albums:

1980 - Iron Maiden - 6.67

8 - Prowler
    6 - Sanctuary
    7 - Remember Tomorrow
    6 - Running Free
    9 - Phantom Of The Opera
    7 - Transylvania
    4 - Strange World
    6 - Charlotte The Harlot
    7 - Iron Maiden

1981 - Killers - 5.91

6 - The Ides Of March
    6 - Wrathchild
    6 - Murders In The Rue Morgue
    5 - Another Life
    5 - Genghis Khan
    5 - Innocent Exile
    8 - Killers
    5 - Prodigal Son
    8 - Purgatory
    6 - Twilight Zone
    5 - Drifter

1982 - The Number Of The Beast

6 - Invaders
    7 - Children Of The Damned
    8 - The Prisoner
    7 - 22 Acacia Avenue

5. eddienephwrack

eddienephwrack Invader

10. My second favourite on the album, after the mighty Hallowed

6. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Another awesome rocker. Love the main riff and Bruce's performance. 10/10

7. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

10/10

22 Acacia Avenue is another Adrian track and it hints at the more progressive nature the band would take on later releases. The riffs are astounding and they change rhythms at the drop of a hat throughout the song. From Clive Burr’s kick drum to Bruce’s frantic snarl, the entire band is in sync throughout the many musical twists and turns. Tom’s notes about the lyrical point-of-view are interesting and prove that the band was starting to put more effort into their lyrics. The bridge is a killer extension of the chorus, leading into a surprisingly calm bluesy solo by Dave. Riffs start churning again and H bursts into a great outro solo that trades licks with Steve’s bass as Charlotte seemingly leaves her life of sleaze...To Be Continued…

8. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Cool song that plays a bit with dynamics. I love Bruce's sinister delivery of the lyrics here. The sections weave in and out seamlessly, another very progressive piece in the vein of Children of the Damned, but with a totally different feel. Again they completely avoid redundancy by moving forward with each section. It keeps the song exciting, it's impossible to get bored when listening to this. As the song gets increasingly heavy, you expect a really intense climax only for Maiden to throw us a curveball with the slow bluesy Dave solo. It's so out of place, yet it works perfectly. Then it's back to the previous chorus where we finally get that climax: a chaotic yet melodic guitar solo by the All Powerful H. The buildup in the rhythm section underneath this solo is almost as good as the solo itself.

9. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

This song has grown on me more than any other in Maiden history. Thought it was daft at first. But I've listened more closely recently and now I adore it.

The lyrics are still a bit simplistic but I see now how they reflect caricatures within the story. And it's clever how the pace changes in the song reflect this.

The riffs are brilliant too with some lovely intricate little runs. I love the rapid chord change to launch the chorus. Then there's the great bluesy solo thrown in which just adds to the complexity of a thrilling song.

10. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Another amazing song. Well constructed with nice riffs. Davey's solo is also a thing of beauty. It's a shame that this track, COTD and The Prisioner are joined on TNOTB's side 1 with a filler track called Invaders, otherwise this could very well be the best IM side ever.

9/10

11. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

This song has one of the best openings in Maiden's discography. It runs a little long in the end, but listening to it again I honestly don't have any gripes really with that. A great song about the problems of the prostitution 'business' I guess you call it. 9/10.

12. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

Don't worry about people disliking this song. They don't. In fact: