20 years ago - The old Maiden forum meet up @ Donington Park (w/pic) :-)

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
I found this old paper photo from 2003 by sorting out files and stuff... Almost exactly 20 years ago now: The big Maiden forum ("Bulletin Board") meetup at Castle Donington :)
I remember it clearly as it just took place only yesterday. What a day! This was Saturday afternoon, May 31 2003, meeting point was under the old Dunlop Bridge at Donington Park. The special thing about was that it wasn't an official fan club thing or so, it was organized all privately by all us Maiden fans from the old forum all over the world. Just wondering if anybody from the picture in the old days is still around here on the forum. (Btw me, the young Dick Brucinson top row quite in the center, little right behind the guy with the hat).
Well, the Maiden gig itself was so/so, I think this Donington appearance suffered a bit from the odd setlist that particular tour. Anyway, a few hours after the pic was taken the world would hear Wildest Dreams for the first time. :) K1600_Donington May 31 2003.JPG

During that time I was a member on the Bulletin Board. Did you have the same nickname there?
I still know alot of names but never knew all the faces behind them. I spot oozily though!
There's even a young Kevin Bacon lookalike!

Last edited:
During that time I was a member on the Bulletin Board. Did you have the same nickname there?
I still know alot of names but never knew all the faces behind them. I spot oozily though!
There's even a young Kevin Bacon lookalike!
Yep, my nick was and is Dick Brucinson ever since. The guy next to me was named Soundhouse on the old BB, he was so kind taking me up to Donny by car from London.
Then later in 2005 I travelled around Europe together with a girl from Sweden named 42 from the old board (but in fact she was 18 and not 42 :D ), we travelled half Europe together for Maiden shows and Rock and Roll and all kinds of stuff. That was really crazy fun. But she's not in the pic above because that was 2003 and not 2005 obviously.

Last edited:
Back