2 Different Versions of Rock in Rio?!?

ok i could be mistaken, but heres my story:

so i was really bored just a little while ago so i decided to go on limewire to see if i could find any live videos of maiden i might have not seen before. couldnt find anything new, but i decided to download some RiR videos (FOTD, HBTN) even though ive already seen the dvd many times (though i don't own it). while i was watching the fear of the dark clip, i noticed camera angles and views of the show that i dont recall seeing before. what confused me the most, though, was during the solos.

on the dvd version, i thought i remembered the camera doing close-ups of janick and dave from time to time during their solos. in this clip, they didnt show janick doing his solo at all, and barely showed any of dave. i am almost 100% sure that on the dvd the camera closes-up on dave at the very end of his solo. but not here. they just showed bruce jumping on the scrolling camera in front of the stage. the only time i ever recall him doing that on the dvd was during 2MTM, not FOTD.

i have a feeling that it might be an alternate version recorded for brazilian tv. the top left corner says something like 'vivo' and also something else on it, giving the impression that its a tv recording. the quality of the video is not anywhere near dvd quality either.

i dont know if this has been written on the commentary, i dont recall it however. but yes, i am 100% sure that it is the exact same concert as the RiR dvd. its just the camera angles that dont seem right to me.

can anybody who owns the dvd check out FOTD again? and tell me if the camera shows dave/janick during their solos and bruce jumping on the camera. i dont have to time to upload the vid i have and put a link to it, so if you want to check it out for yourself download limewire and search for 'fear of the dark' under 'videos'

as i said, i could be mistaken....

ok now everythings cleared; sorry!

i went into the commentary and saw the 3 different bootlegs for RiR. i was not aware of the bootlegs for it. the one i was talking about is 'Rock in Rio III', at least i suppose, since the filename on LimeWire says "Rock in Rio III" on it

so sorry for this wasted thread. close it down please!

What you have seen must be the DirectTv transmission, if I remember well, for the Multishow channel.

The Channel transmitted the show via DirectTv and Maiden (Steve) used the images for ruining, I mean, editing the Rock in Rio DVD [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This version, I've been told, its is more "live" than the DVD, since it doesn't have all those cuts and overdubs...

Back