1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 A.M.

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is 2 A.M. on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

10.8%
  2. 9

8.1%
  3. 8

18.9%
  4. 7

18.9%
  5. 6

18.9%
  6. 5

13.5%
  7. 4

2.7%
  8. 3

2.7%
  9. 2

2.7%
  10. 1

2.7%
  1. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

A great and haunting ballad, it really gets its point across - this is one of the tracks that could never work as well with Bruce, IMHO. I also like the guitar lines in the instrumental section, remind me a bit of the even better Como Estais Amigos. 8/10.

2. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

This is a solid ballad. Very reminiscent of Fear of the Dark musically, Wasting Love specifically. Blaze gives a great performance, especially during the chorus. Very powerful stuff. Great instrumental section too. I still find it odd that this song is considered one of the lessers of the album. I think it's a highlight.

3. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

Overly simplistic with poor lyrics.

The chorus does kind of hook you though.

4. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

When I was a young man, I used to think this song had more than it did because Maverick said so.

I was wrong.
    5/10.

5. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

5/10 crackling Blazes somehow defying extinguishing.

2 A.M. has haunting and glorious melodies, but the lyrics drag it way down. I get that Blaze was aiming his message at the everyman, this song is kind of the depressing version of Rush’s Working Man, but the chorus is far too simplistic. Janick’s guitar playing is stellar, though, and the overall mood is deliciously somber. Blaze echoes the guitar melody at the end and it’s truly a great moment. Too bad about those silly, generic lyrics.

6. permanenteddie

permanenteddie Prowler

It's been quite a while I haven't listened to this one, just giving it a listen right now and actually it's pretty good, very melancholic, the kind of song you feel like listening to when coming home late at night after having a hard day and being alone with no one there for you. Verses and chorus are ok but the best part is the instrumental which is really cool. Not a song you will remember when thinking about Maiden, even just the Blaze era, but not bad.
    7/10

7. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

A quieter song, a very melancholic song as the above poster has stated, not the most memorable song but certainly far away from being one of the worst. The chorus is great and the solo is a weird one for Maiden yet it still works. 7/10