1990-2003 Favorite Iron Maiden Album A- Or B-side?

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Hiya people,

I am interested in what you all think of this issue:

Choose your "favorite small collection of songs on a Maiden album from 1990-now",
in other words your favorite A- or B-side from No Prayer for the Dying til Dance of Death!

For your "favorite small collection of songs on a Maiden album from 1980-1988",
you can vote here:
http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?showtopic=11867

In this topic you can choose from:

No Prayer for the Dying A-side:
01 - Tailgunner
02 - Holy Smoke
03 - No Prayer For The Dying
04 - Public Enema Number One
05 - Fates Warning

No Prayer for the Dying B-side:
06 - The Assassin
07 - Run Silent Run Deep
08 - Hooks In You
09 - Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
10 - Mother Russia

Fear of the Dark A-side:
01 - Be Quick Or Be Dead
02 - From Here To Eternity
03 - Afraid To Shoot Strangers
04 - Fear Is The Key
05 - Childhood's End
06 - Wasting Love

Fear of the Dark B-side:
07 - The Fugitive
08 - Chains Of Misery
09 - The Apparition
10 - Judas Be My Guide
11 - Weekend Warrior
12 - Fear Of The Dark

The X-Factor A-side:
01 - Sign Of The Cross
02 - Lord Of The Flies
03 - Man On The Edge
04 - Fortunes Of War
05 - Look For The Truth
06 - The Aftermath

The X-Factor B-side:
07 - Judgement Of Heaven
08 - Blood On The World's Hands
09 - The Edge Of Darkness
10 - 2 A.M.
11 - The Unbeliever

Virtual XI A-side:
01 - Futureal
02 - The Angel And The Gambler
03 - Lightning Strikes Twice
04 - The Clansman

Virtual XI B-side:
05 - When Two Worlds Collide
06 - The Educated Fool
07 - Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
08 - Como Estais Amigos

Brave New World A-side:
01 - The Wicker Man
02 - Ghost Of The Navigator
03 - Brave New World
04 - Blood Brothers
05 - The Mercenary

Brave New World B-side:
06 - Dream Of Mirrors
07 - The Fallen Angel
08 - The Nomad
09 - Out Of The Silent Planet
10 - The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

Dance of Death A-side:
01 - Wildest Dreams
02 - Rainmaker
03 - No More Lies
04 - Montsegur
05 - Dance Of Death
06 - Gates Of Tomorrow

Dance of Death B-side:
07 - New Frontier
08 - Paschendale
09 - Face In The Sand
10 - Age Of Innocence
11 - Journeyman

Make thy choice...
and thanks a million for thy contribution! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Here, my vote goes for Virtual XI B. It's a very, very tough call, and it almost went to either X Factor B or Brave New World B, but I have to say the songs on VXI B are my personal favourites here (though again, it's a tough call).

BNW A.

Edit, a day later to explain my choice:
It came down to BNW A or BNW B for me. Each side is full of great songs with only one dud apiece ("Mercenary" and "Fallen Angel"). But as good as those BNW B songs are, I'm a huge fan of the first 3 songs on BNW A. Even though I'm usually more of a fan of the long songs, "The Wicker Man" is one of my favorites because it really kickstarts the album. "GotN" and "BNW" both have great guitar parts. And "Blood Brothers" has some great melodies.

My favourite of these is Brave New World B-side. Dream of Mirrors is an awesome track, not such a big fan of The Fallen Angel, but the other three are pretty damn good.

DoD A side by far. I was deployed to the middle east when this was released and had to get it sent to me. I listened to it in the gym the first time with headphones and could barely contain myself. I had been worried before that this album may be lacking. How wrong I was! Why, oh why did I ever doubt......

Fear of the Dark B - All of these songs are growers with JbmG and WW being fantastically underrated tracks. The title track isn't half bad either and it's a great way to end an album. (I love this poll by the way, very thought provoking unlike most of the other polls)

The X-Factor B-side gets my pick.

Why?

I have always liked two songs that haven't been mentioned much in the past.:

Judgement Of Heaven & The Unbeliever.

The mid-sections of "The Educated Fool" and "No More Lies" are imo rip-offs of from the mid-section of Judgement of Heaven. Instrumentally-wise, I'd say The Unbeliever is one of the most interesting things Maiden have done in the nineties!

I was never a huge fan of the studio version of The Edge of Darkness, but I remember it was surprisingly nice and way heavier, hearing it live in concert, back in 1995, and the song has a nice acceleration (like in Hallowed Be Thy Name). 2 AM is a nice moody ballad and I love the atmosphere of and the solos in Blood in the World's Hands.

Brave New World B. Dream of Mirrors and The Nomad are two of my favourite songs. I also enjoy Out of the Silent Planet...

Fear Of The Dark B.
All of those songs are great and many of them are very underrated. Plus, Fear is one of my favorite Maiden albums. Many of the solos on these songs are awesome, too.

NPFTD A. I don't like Tailgunner but the other four songs range from good to almost perfect. Every other side has at least one song that I detest.

I go with SMX for BNW A, simply because thats a quality selection of songs [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Hi everyone!:

Long time no seen. The forum looks great.

About the topic:

I like all albums in that period, but for me No Prayer is a special one since it was the first Maiden album I bought.

There you have my answer [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

CHEERS

[!--quoteo(post=133673:date=Apr 1 2006, 10:39 AM:name=The_Assassin90)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_Assassin90 @ Apr 1 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]133673[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi everyone!:

Long time no seen. The forum looks great.

About the topic:

I like all albums in that period, but for me No Prayer is a special one since it was the first Maiden album I bought.

There you have my answer [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
CHEERS
[/quote]

Looking at the poll I see your answer (I guess). But for the rest, your words don't say much.: A or B-side?

Back