MaidenFans

Vaenyr
Vaenyr
Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. Currently working on the follow up, a friend of mine who is a talented drummer is playing the drums this time around and I might have a professional do the mixing and mastering (if it won't get too expensive lol). I'll also take more time to record some good vocal takes. It's a process but I'm happy with my progress.

Cheers and greetings from Germany!
Riggatoni
Riggatoni
Cool! The drums were decent on your last album, but I'm glad the drumming will be better next time around.
Either find a friend with mixing experience to be a producer, or hire one online from Fiverr or something.
Riggatoni
Riggatoni
You could also learn production techniques and do it at home; I'm sure there are apps out there that give you the ability to do studio level work.
The production of your last album was a bit flat then; the guitars could've been heavier/more emphasized. However, you had a great guitar tone.
Riggatoni
Riggatoni
You have a good voice. Find the best way to sing your best; drink lots of water and try different techniques.
Riggatoni
Riggatoni
I think the bass should be more prominent in the mix; I didn't really notice it throughout the entirety of each song, except for more melodic ones like The Astral Key.
Riggatoni
Riggatoni
And I think that your next album can be more folk influenced, since it is one of the genres that influences the progressive heavy metal genre that is listed on your BandCamp.
Riggatoni
Riggatoni
System of a Down, for example, based certain parts of songs and a lot of riffs on armenian folk music, since Daron (the guitar player) grew up with armenian music.
Riggatoni
Riggatoni
But I think you could be more influenced with folk, by using more traditional german instruments. But that depends on how much you want folk to influence the songs.
Vaenyr
Vaenyr
The drummer knows a metal and rock producer and I'll see if it works out to have him work on the next record. He's a local producer and I'd love to be able to observe the work a bit and get some more experience to learn more. I enjoy mixing and mastering quite a bit, but it's also not the easiest thing, so there's always more to learn.
Vaenyr
Vaenyr
As for the vocals, in hindsight I could've (and frankly should've) recorded a few more takes to have more freedom in choosing the best takes. I'm proud of the album, but there's a certain unevenness, something I want to get under control in the future.
Back