Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It would be really cool to see a bunch of statistics relating to this thread. Such as how many different users have made a post here, the users who contributed the most posts, and graphs showing the frequency of posts over time. Which year was the most active? Least active? What was the shortest time for a 1,000 post increase? What is the record for the most posts in a 24 hour period? Stuff like that.
Maybe we'll devote a section of that in the book as well!

What about posts that should really have been in the Drunk Posting thread?
They shall be included as a taste of what people will get when we go through and publish Drunk Posting: A Bunch of Weird Shit Posted By Maidenfans; or, Why Your Mom Didn't Want You To Buy Those Records (She Knew You'd End Up Like This).

You guys are crazy.
Just playin' with madness.

What happens when/if we actually reach 100,000 posts? Will the universe instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable?
:eek:

So I couldn't find a general thread in which to discuss the entirety of SSOASS, so I thought I'd get us a little nearer to post 100,000 instead.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is the gem in Maiden's discography. There's no other way to say that. This album is a masterpiece.

It all starts off the "seven deadly sins" intro. Bruce over quiet acoustics. And then the synths kick in. Build-up. Slowly but surely. Electricity enters the scene. It gets a little faster. Drums and guitar, working together. Faster. Faster. Faster AND THEN - NOW! And is the payoff worth it? Yes it fucking is. Moonchild takes us on a trip through the devil's intentions with the seventh son. There is evil here. Good has no chance.

Then comes Infinite Dreams. This one is such an introspective piece. Why are we here? Is there an afterlife? Is Death the end? All the questions many people, including myself, have asked at one time or another. The scream loses this a little bit, but not by much. This song took a few listens to grow on me, but boy did it fucking grow. Amazing.

And once ID ends... Can I Play With Madness? Yes, let's! Such an underrated song. I'm not surprised that the band called it "a bit of magic" in interviews. That's what it is. The chorus is excellent. Such a light, fun little song interspliced amongst some of the biggest impacting songs in the band's career.

But the high of CIPWM is soon forgotten because The Evil That Men Do turns everything up to 11. Oh my god, if my heart wasn't racing already! I love this song, nay, I adore it. It's one of the greatest songs in the history of music. That chorus makes you wanna melt. My god.

And of course, then you're thrown right into one of the greatest epics in metal. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son has very little lyrics, but the few that you're given are just enough. Then of course, there's the middle section, reminiscent of ROTAM, only a little heavier. And finally, one of the greatest solos in Maiden's discography. Rivaled only by Powerslave and Alexander, in my mind.

The Prophecy is the only song that could be considered weak in any way, yet it still holds up. The beginning is calm and slow, but then it builds. The vocals are great, the solo is awesome, and the ending is just... wow.

The Clairvoyant and I have an interesting relationship, even more so than Juanita (see my list for context). Some days I'll think it's one of the best Maiden songs ever, other days I'll think it barely makes the Top 100. But at the end of the day, it's a great song with one of the best synopses in the catalogue.

And finally, if it couldn't get any better, Only The Good Die Young. God. The chorus is stellar, the music is amazing, and the ending, where it all comes full circle, is the final proof that this album is special.

Abigail and Operation: Mindcrime are the only two concept albums that can rival this one. Abigail, however, whilst having the best story of all three of them, falls short because the songs aren't as good as some others (title track being the exception). Operation: Mindcrime is the most blemish-free of them, combining an intriguing tale with great music. But SSOASS, which falls short only because there's too much focus on the first son on Side 1 and thus the second isn't given much of a chance to shine, is still nonetheless the best of the three as an album. As an album, it's a masterpiece. Plainly and simply, a 10/10.

And now, pardon the interruption, back to seeing how long until we hit post 100,000.

Back