Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what we're still waiting for? The next in the 'History of Iron Maiden' documentaries. The last one was dreadfully edited.

You know what we're still waiting for? The next in the 'History of Iron Maiden' documentaries. The last one was dreadfully edited.

the SIT portion of it, yes.... SSOASS was ok because they had a lot of footage from shows and music videos and such..... such a shame they didn't film SOT... I feel that may be a big reason there hasn't been any celebration of it like LAD and ME.... No release of any kind... just bootlegs out the ass....

those of you asking about Fanclub mags, I believe I already received 2 this year... next one is due likely September/October area.. likely an announcement of some sort in it for a tour maybe.... unless it's the winter mag that does that

Didn't Bruce last year on stage at Download mention that it would be their last time headlining there for a while?

I can't see them playing Donington only two years after they last played.
I think you're right. I don't mind if they play Reading Festival as it's walkable from central Reading - I might not be living here by then though. I think Bruce has said that Maiden won't do Reading/Leeds festivals again though, and those festivals have moved on a lot since a band like Maiden would have fitted in.
He said they'd played at Donington quite a few times now and all good things must come to an end, so it was more cryptic hint-dropping than anything. ;)

I would far rather a new album or a Bruce album than an Iron Maiden "best of" tour. Unless, maybe, that tour was 1995-2010.
Now they have a 'Legacy' brand name, it gives them an excuse to do 'best of' tours that aren't a continuation of the the history tours.

I think the problem for Bruce is he doesn't enjoy playing to smaller audiences? I heard that was his main motivation to rejoin Maiden. Shame as his solo stuff is pretty solid.

the SIT portion of it, yes.... SSOASS was ok because they had a lot of footage from shows and music videos and such..... such a shame they didn't film SOT... I feel that may be a big reason there hasn't been any celebration of it like LAD and ME.... No release of any kind... just bootlegs out the ass....

Aside from the SIASL music video footage, was there an 'official reason' why the band didn't do any pro shot filming during Somewhere on Tour? I think every other 80s album had at least one show filmed, right?

Rod said it wouldn't make sense to do two tours in a row.

Did they film Killers? World Piece Tour was filmed by German TV and not the band, so every other tour was the standard in the 80s (Iron Maiden, Beast On the Road, World Piece, Seventh Son).

Yea it's hard to say with that one. It was released after Killers and has Adrian on guitar, but it was on the 1980 tour and had the 1980 setlist (not that it matters since the portion that's on video was all on the following tour too).

Anyway, the point is that not filming Somewhere On Tour wasn't a surprise move, it just happened that there wasn't really any video of it from anywhere and many of the songs were only played on that tour.

Rod said it wouldn't make sense to do two tours in a row.

Did they film Killers? World Piece Tour was filmed by German TV and not the band, so every other tour was the standard in the 80s (Iron Maiden, Beast On the Road, World Piece, Seventh Son).
I think Rod changed his mind about that eventually. Donington 2007 was filmed, various shows on Somwhere Back in Time were filmed, and a couple of shows in South America were filmed on The Final Frontier tour. Money Talks....And Rod's Listening.

Yea, it has also become more viable to release a video for every tour. I wouldn't be surprised if they have video of every tour since Seventh Son.

I think Rod changed his mind about that eventually. Donington 2007 was filmed, various shows on Somwhere Back in Time were filmed, and a couple of shows in South America were filmed on The Final Frontier tour. Money Talks....And Rod's Listening.

most of the recent tours were filmed by other production companies though. Wasn't Flight 666 done by Banger Productions (Sam Dunn's company) who did Headbangers Journey and Metal Evolution... En Vivo and Rock in Rio were Maiden shot but Rock in Rio was also broadcasted on television so their were live streams of that show in 2001 in Brazil... I believe I remember reading 32 cameras were present that show in 2001... We won't get a live album or video of Maiden England 2012-2014 because it would almost mimic the 1988 release. I was surprised we got a live album from SBIT since it mimicked LAD to a degree... I just hate that SIT has been pushed aside countless times :( No live album, no concert video and no tour to represent it or it's songs since... I did observe the lighting rig on SBIT was the same as SOT in 86 and of course the walk on Eddie but come on? No actual SIT tracks we don't get every other tour?

most of the recent tours were filmed by other production companies though. Wasn't Flight 666 done by Banger Productions (Sam Dunn's company) who did Headbangers Journey and Metal Evolution... En Vivo and Rock in Rio were Maiden shot but Rock in Rio was also broadcasted on television so their were live streams of that show in 2001 in Brazil... I believe I remember reading 32 cameras were present that show in 2001... We won't get a live album or video of Maiden England 2012-2014 because it would almost mimic the 1988 release. I was surprised we got a live album from SBIT since it mimicked LAD to a degree... I just hate that SIT has been pushed aside countless times :( No live album, no concert video and no tour to represent it or it's songs since... I did observe the lighting rig on SBIT was the same as SOT in 86 and of course the walk on Eddie but come on? No actual SIT tracks we don't get every other tour?
No, it wouldn't mimic the 1988 release. It's more the fact that all of the songs minus ATSS, Prisoner and SSOASS were released on past two dvd's (Flight 666 and En Vivo). That shows how advetouros are Maiden with their setlists. TBOS tour set was very advetouros for Maiden standards...

Do you like 'Somewhere in Time'?

I think he's trying to say that he wants more SIT songs in the setlist.

I could be wrong though.

I'm sure once Maiden retire you'll start seeing live albums/videos from throughout their career. They have such a tight schedule with tours and releases that it's hard to find room for something else without taking away from what they're currently working on. When the band is no longer touring that won't be an issue anymore.

No, it wouldn't mimic the 1988 release. It's more the fact that all of the songs minus ATSS, Prisoner and SSOASS were released on past two dvd's (Flight 666 and En Vivo). That shows how advetouros are Maiden with their setlists. TBOS tour set was very advetouros for Maiden standards...

yes this tour was great and certainly a huge plus for me.... 2 rare tracks, 7 total new songs.... that alone is worthy of a live album. Wasn't the last time COTD appeared on an album LAD??? Brave New World was a fantastic set list too... Probably the best for me in the past 20+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back