Favourite Album, and why?

Gosh this is tough
For a long time it was PoM all through the 80's and 90's. Then after the reunion I began listening again starting with BNW. Once I began to listen to all the albums from the classic era to now and being a bit older I learned to kinda appreciate them all, albeit for different reasons. With that said, I have to say NotB still has to be the definitive Maiden album for me. Powerslave is a close second and AMoLaD is right up there as well. As for PoM it will always be the one I look back on as the album that I became a true fan

Gosh this is tough
For a long time it was PoM all through the 80's and 90's. Then after the reunion I began listening again starting with BNW. Once I began to listen to all the albums from the classic era to now and being a bit older I learned to kinda appreciate them all, albeit for different reasons. With that said, I have to say NotB still has to be the definitive Maiden album for me. Powerslave is a close second and AMoLaD is right up there as well. As for PoM it will always be the one I look back on as the album that I became a true fan

PoM was my introduction to Maiden, so it will always have a special place for me. But objectively I think Powerslave is better, though PoM is great.

TNotB can't be number one to me because it lacks Nicko. Clive hit harder and was great in his own straightforward way, but Nicko is more progressive and expanded Maiden's sound and allowed Steve to do more with the songs.

Back