Religious beliefs of Iron Maiden fans

I absolutely respect that belief, but I find it harsh. I'm not religious, but the idea that your soul lives on is much more beautiful to me.
Don't get me wrong, I'd be okay with an afterlife, or something like that, or some sort of cosmic experience, or whatever. But it probably doesn't happen that way. I certainly don't think there's any religion that gets it right, they're all too motivated by self-interest to have any semblance of honesty. I'd rather live my life understanding the likely outcome than pretend (and with me, it would have to be pretending) that anything different will happen.

I suppose if you wanna be technical, most Satanist are full on atheists. I on the other hand am more of an agnostic. Maybe there's an afterlife. I doubt it, but I wouldn't just rule it out because, obviously, I haven't died yet and thus haven't found out.

Atheism and agnosticism aren't incompatible.

That's true, but I doubt Diesel meant the precise definition of those words. I'm perfectly fine with translating "agnostic" to "I don't know whether there's something out there and I don't really care" in common speech, as people usually mean it.

Basically I don't really believe in an afterlife but I'm not going to rule it out as something that exists, if that makes more sense.

I'm perfectly fine with translating "agnostic" to "I don't know whether there's something out there and I don't really care" in common speech, as people usually mean it.
Sure, that's fine. I guess I am very much sure there is no god out there, or at least, any such being hasn't made themselves known to humanity in a way that can be scientifically verified. That makes me an atheist.

Atheist, I personally don't know any religious person nor have I met one. Afterall in the country I come from (Sweden) most people are atheists.

Am i the only muslim around here? Or at least i was a muslim, now i'm lost between islam and agnosticism.

Raised Catholic, non-practicing. I believe there is someone, some thing out there, but I refuse to label it as no one truly knows who or what it is.
This, though I'll still participate in certain Catholic traditions as a cultural thing.

In all seriousness, I was raised as Christian Orthodox and my parents are quite religious. As I grew up, my faith disappeared gradually, and now I'm an atheist, with a pretty strong dislike of religion as a concept. I don't want to baptize my daughter and my parents are going crazy about it. My mother even threatened that she would baptize my daughter secretly. :D

Back