The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I'm wondering what the sound has been like at other shows compared to how I heard it. Basically, it seemed like everything was at about the same volume. So, when Bruce sang or a guitar solo was played, it didn't really over power everything else and was a bit hard to hear. And it was pretty much exactly the same for all 3 guitar players. Maybe they just like to turn everything up real loud and don't want anything to really stand out. It's not horrible or anything. I'm just wondering if others experienced the same type of sound.

And OMG! My ENTIRE show is on youtube! But here's what's strange. In this recording, I can hear Bruce WAY better than actually at the show! And I was almost straight back from the stage with all the speakers aimed at me. What's the deal with that?

I'm wondering what the sound has been like at other shows compared to how I heard it. Basically, it seemed like everything was at about the same volume. So, when Bruce sang or a guitar solo was played, it didn't really over power everything else and was a bit hard to hear. And it was pretty much exactly the same for all 3 guitar players. Maybe they just like to turn everything up real loud and don't want anything to really stand out. It's not horrible or anything. I'm just wondering if others experienced the same type of sound.

In Nashville, Bruce was very hard to hear during some of the songs. I was about ten feet from the stage, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But Nicko and all of the guitars sounded good, but it was hard to understand Bruce at certain points (like, if i hadn't already known the lyrics by heart, I would have had no idea what he was singing). Also, of the three guitarists, I'd say Dave's mix was the lowest. It was especially noticeable during his Powerslave solos, much to my disappointment as it's one of my favorite songs. But his solos just seemed to be drowned out by the overall volume. It was like his volume was at a +3 while everyone else's is at a +5.

Not sure if this means it's the mix, microphones, speaker, or volume.... my expertise in how that stuff is set up is rather low. Could also vary from venue to venue.

EDIT: And yes, in general, everything was super loud. Was deaf the rest of the night after the show. Ears didn't stop ringing until two days after the concert. Again, may be because I was right there at the stage. But I'm sure that contributes as to why some of the sound seemed indistinguishable from each other.

Last edited:
Ya, for sure DT. Also, it depends on where you are in the arena because the above video sounds better than what I heard and that person is more on the sides. No complaints in any way though because of what an amazing experience it truly was.

Still hoping they give St. Louis an event shirt... such a missed opportunity with the Gateway Arch as a monument. Plus the fact that it's my hometown, and that they've only been here twice in the past sixteen years. Would love to be able to acquire such a memento.

The fact that they gave Minnesota one is perhaps a good indication. There wasn't one in Nashville that I saw, just the general US tour shirt (which was the same as last year). My hopes are raised a bit.

2 weeks from right now I'll be at the so cal. Show...9:30 pm pacific time... probably at the red and the black point of the show. ( big target):D.
Another reason I like the lawn. If the sound isn't to your liking you can wander. Maybe get a better sound somewhere else on the huge grassy area of Glenhelen amphitheater....

J7wkB4Zws-MS_wzFlII1P59G4fjlEn9MvXaRbSWKwmPMbfi0KLFsfb2id9N3Lgn8MJYSM-FwEIt05fYVJG6PkV0=s240

2 weeks from right now I'll be at the so cal. Show...9:30 pm pacific time... probably at the red and the black point of the show. ( big target):D.
Another reason I like the lawn. If the sound isn't to your liking you can wander. Maybe get a better sound somewhere else on the huge grassy area of Glenhelen amphitheater....
I'm gonna be there too and counting the days like you! I was wondering where you saw the start time for Maiden? My ticket says 3:30pm. Is there gonna be more than one other band like last time they played there?

Yah 4 band mini festival. I'm thinking Maiden starts around 8:30ish.. following Ghost. Also appearing Kamelot and Exodus. Yes Doors open at 3:30....

I was at the Charlotte show...amazing.

The vendors had a red and black Maiden shirt for $70. Thought about getting one and didn't. Now I regret it. Are they onsale online? I checked the official Maiden shop and they are not there.

Merch prices on that and the hoodie are a little koo-koo. I really, really want that frickin' hoodie... but no way I'm dropping a hundred bucks on it. Probably getting the Mayan Eddie with the bluish background t, and one of those patches. Are they still selling the patches? The one that's on the sleeve of the hoodie? My fear is that by the time they get to Albuquerque, those'll all be sold out.
One week from tonight!
:edmetal:

Back