The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Where are you coming from? Born and raised in Peoria for 41 years.
Alpine isn't my favorite venue but is by far the most fun non stadium venue to tailgate at.
Tinley is nice and close but they want you out of your vehicle before you even put your car in park.

Ghost was very impressive... I felt like 9 songs wasn't enough for them... They make solid music and square hammer is a brilliant opening tack for them!
Sadly no venue specific shirt for Florida.... kinda odd being the first time for this. last few tours have always had a venue specific shirt for Florida shows.
Hopefully that's a good sign for Minnesota to have one.

The show in Chicago was spectacular. Much better than Vegas last year, Bruce sounded better, the band was much tighter. Really one of the best renditions of Powerslave period. They were really on. Venue was nice, weather worked out well and we had some nice seats.

I thought Ghost was really good, I saw them on their own last year and enjoyed it, but did not think they really had enough material for a headlining show. In this case, I thought they could have used another 15-20 minutes. After their next album (assuming it is good), they will be more of a headliner in my mind.

Lot's of fun .. and I get to do it again next Friday in Dallas

Edit: No venue specific shirt for Chicago, which was a bummer. Assuming there will be a Texas one to cover the 3 dates in the state

Songs I can check off now (because I've heard them live): Wrathchild, Powerslave.

Next tour, which will probably be a classics tour, I want to hear any of these:

Sanctuary
Revelations
Heaven Can Wait
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Killers
Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Where Eagles Dare
Stranger in a Strange Land
Flight of Icarus
From Here to Eternity
Caught Somewhere in Time

I know I'm very unlikely to ever hear some of these.

Songs I can check off now (because I've heard them live): Wrathchild, Powerslave.

Next tour, which will probably be a classics tour, I want to hear any of these:

Sanctuary
Revelations
Heaven Can Wait
Killers
Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Where Eagles Dare
Flight of Icarus
From Here to Eternity
Caught Somewhere in Time

I know I'm very unlikely to ever hear some of these.

unlikely to hear any of them...

Some of those tracks were played a few tours ago in mid 2000s during the first 2 history tours and are "more than likely" retired for good... Others like CSIT and SIASL have been avoided since the initial tour in 1986 for unknown reasons (though there is plenty of speculation) with the rare exception of a few shows in 99 for SIASL

unlikely to hear any of them...

Some of those tracks were played a few tours ago in mid 2000s during the first 2 history tours and are "more than likely" retired for good... Others like CSIT and SIASL have been avoided since the initial tour in 1986 for unknown reasons (though there is plenty of speculation) with the rare exception of a few shows in 99 for SIASL
I'd say it's likely that we'll hear the first four songs sometime again.

I think

Revelations
Heaven Can Wait
and to a lesser extent Sanctuary have at least a shot at being played again ...

It really depends on what the next tour is. Powerslave and CotD were a bit of a surprise this tour.

The rest of them, most likely not .. but again it depends on if the next tour is a history tour and what part of their history.

If I had to bet, if they did another history tour, it would essentially be the 90s through TFF all encompassing. I still just do not see them doing a 90s tour exclusively.

Still grinning from last night's show. For me the highlight of this tour is still the run of Red and the Black, The Trooper, and Powerslave. I'll be in the minority here but I prefer last year's setlist to Wrathchild and The Great Unknown. Wrathchild had great energy but isnt the same as the epic Hallowed. I actualy thought Tears of a Clown worked well live last year. TGU and TBOS back to back seem to bog the flow of the show down just my opinion....

I thought Great Unknown was fine, glad I saw it live, but I think I prefer Tears of a Clown over it by a little bit ... in any case, good to hear another song off Book of Souls

Sanctuary
Revelations
Heaven Can Wait
Killers
Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Where Eagles Dare
Flight of Icarus
From Here to Eternity
Caught Somewhere in Time
I could see all of these coming back. No way Revelations, Sanctuary, and HCW don't get played again. Rime is almost certainly going to be at the farewell tour.

I could see Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, and Killers also being dusted off for a final tour. It would be nice to see them go full circle and end the show with Prowler like they did in the 80s.

Where Eagles Dare and Flight Of Icarus seem unlikely but not out of the realms of possibility. While they might not do a full 90s tour, I'm sure whenever that DVD comes out they will throw in some 90s tunes for whatever tour they're doing.

Nicko has mentioned wanting to do SIASL and this lineup has played it which helps its chances big time. Caught Somewhere In Time is the biggest long shot on this list but I don't think it's impossible. It's hard to do those songs justice live for obvious reasons, but I think Bruce would have an easier time singing them than some of the other 80s tracks and would even sound better on them compared to 1986. Anyway, I think both of these are good farewell tour contenders. I think they'll dig in the SIT well at least once before calling it quits.

Back