The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Starting to get really excited now

Gonna be seeing Maiden this Sunday at the O2 and the forecast says the weather will be nice so that'll mean a few hours supping trooper in the ship pub near the O2!

Still excited to see Maiden after all these years, think it's my 20th time seeing them since 1995.

Last edited:
Just watched a periscope from Cardiff. Blood Brothers. Bruce gave his all. The whole place was singing. The guy who was recording was standing directly behind two middle aged guys, who were singing like it's the end of the world and at the beginning of the quiet instrumental part they gave eachother a brotherly hug. Quite emotional for everybody in the arena.

DAoBNnyXkAI91ws.jpg:large

Nicko put some flowers next to his drumkit as a tribute to the ones who died.

Here are the encores from Birmingham. A couple of things can be observed.

-Bruce is the greatest living frontman. Look at the middle part of Blood Brothers.

He did that at the Liverpool gig too. The greatest frontman ever on par with Freddie Mercury, as far as I am concerned.

News from guitar department: Janick switched his Alpine White Strat with white pickups (which was his secondary cable guitar) with his Vintage White Strat ith black pickups which was his main wireless guitar. He does that every once in a while.

Realizing after watching this tour that someday (sooner than later) they will call it quits and i'll probably cry like a little bitch when its all said and done.

Maybe thats how all those teens almost commited suicide when take that split up :lol:

Just watched a periscope from Cardiff. Blood Brothers. Bruce gave his all. The whole place was singing. The guy who was recording was standing directly behind two middle aged guys, who were singing like it's the end of the world and at the beginning of the quiet instrumental part they gave eachother a brotherly hug. Quite emotional for everybody in the arena.

I was at the Cardiff gig last night. The crowd (and the band) definitely seemed more into it than the previous 2 album tours.

Plus the sound guy was awake! Every guitar solo was audible (I was stood by the mixing desk .... with 2 slipped discs I dare not go any further LOL).

Bruce sang well and jumped about as usual, although there were a couple of times where he sang slightly behind the music, but soon corrected it. I am guessing it was due to the sound on stage.

A great gig and great atmosphere :)

I was at the Cardiff gig last night. The crowd (and the band) definitely seemed more into it than the previous 2 album tours.

Plus the sound guy was awake! Every guitar solo was audible (I was stood by the mixing desk .... with 2 slipped discs I dare not go any further LOL).

Bruce sang well and jumped about as usual, although there were a couple of times where he sang slightly behind the music, but soon corrected it. I am guessing it was due to the sound on stage.

A great gig and great atmosphere :)

Yes amazing gig. Great atmosphere and band gave everything. Amazing energy considering they're nearing pensioner age .

Only gripe was in the first half of the gig there was definitely a problem with the vocals. Not Bruce's voice but feedback and crackling interference on the PA system. I wasn't the only one who noticed.

God, I really hope there aren't any sound problems at my show. For a band who tours as much as they do, that should have stuff like that absolutely perfected. I can understand the way an arena is built affected the acoustics and such, but I'm surprised at any technical problems that occur.

Yes amazing gig. Great atmosphere and band gave everything. Amazing energy considering they're nearing pensioner age .

Only gripe was in the first half of the gig there was definitely a problem with the vocals. Not Bruce's voice but feedback and crackling interference on the PA system. I wasn't the only one who noticed.
The vocals were getting swamped by a general wall of sound at Leeds, and only one guitar (Adrian) was really clear

I thought the sound was excellent last night, much better than Leeds, although maybe we were just in a better area (floor, centre, not a million miles from stage). Bruce's voice has got better as the tour's gone on, too.

The band sounded and looked fantastic to me last night. Fighting half the O2 crowd and losing several thousands hairs in the process was worth seeing Iron Maiden up that close.

Full show from London, they sound great.

Whoever filmed this did a fantastic job! I started watching it and was so engrossed by the performance that the whole afternoon had gone by before I knew it. Gosh, if I ever got to see Maiden on their home turf looks like London is the place to be! For those who are going to the second show tonight, have a great time!

By the way, I did notice where Bruce ties up Janick's guitar to the mike stand. Poor Nicko trips and rolls over the cord leaving the stage at the end of the night. He picks up the guitar and shakes it in mock anger--hope he's not too sore today!

Back