The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Here are the encores from Birmingham. A couple of things can be observed.

-Bruce is the greatest living frontman. Look at the middle part of Blood Brothers.
-H's solo on WY is now almost completely improvised on a day to day basis. Also TNOTB to some extend.

P.S. Also notice how Bruce ties Janick to Steve's microphone with his cable during H's solo.

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd just remind all the European and US fans to count their blessings.
I've been a die-hard Maiden fan for 28 years and have gone to every single show possible (without spending insane amounts of money, that is) - a grand total of 2.
Having said that, a huge thanks to the boys for even bothering to visit South Africa - I'm forced to accept that twice is kind of a bonus, to be honest.

Long days and pleasant nights to all of you...and UP THE IRONS!

Thought I'd just remind all the European and US fans to count their blessings.
Hey man, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I remember being poor and two thousand miles from the nearest show, and I wouldn't have seen the band for years if it wasn't for the generosity of one of my favourite people of all time. So two is pretty cool - and who knows, they may come back on the next tour!

I haven't posted on here in a very long time, for the tour this year I did 3 dates (Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds). Having seen Maiden 7 times before since 2003 I knew what to expect in terms of performance levels and stage show, but I was still amazed. The setlist was great for people like myself who have seen them before, the inclusion of Wrathchild really helped the set move along and kept the speed up. I think all the songs were incredibly well performed, especially Nicko on the drums, but TRATB is exceptional musicianship and hearing it live is definitely something that will stick with me. All 3 performances were great, I will say Manchester was my favourite because it's where I'm from. The Leeds arena is fantastic though, there is no bad views there and Bruce seemed to really love it. The stage production was easily one of the best I have seen from them. I was gutted we lost Hallowed Be Thy Name from the setlist, but honestly when you are at the gig there is never any complaints about setlist. Iron Maiden do what no band does better, put on an incredible show, get the crowd going and deliver. One final point on this tour, the guys honestly seem to be loving it a lot more than previous gigs. You can feel the enjoyment come from each one of them, none more than Bruce. The amount of running, crowd interaction and even little mannerisms, you could tell he was having a lot of fun at each gig.

Another note on Shinedown, it seemed they really won the crowd over as it was always full when they got 2 songs in. They were fantastic performers, takes some major balls to go into a crowd these days with no security around as well. For those who are going to London and Cardiff, I recommend watching Shinedown. Especially Diamond Eyes, I was really impressed with the singer. He really controlled the crowd, and delivered an incredible vocal performance each night whilst also being a showman.

Final note, obviously being from Manchester last night and today has obviously not been the greatest time. Having been at the arena 2 weeks ago, having been to that arena as a kid 13 years ago seeing Iron Maiden for the first time. It's a real shame of the events last night, no matter what music people like be it heavy metal or pop. Events like last night really bring home the sadness when selfish people do acts like that. Kids going to their first concert supposed to be returning with happy memories turn to traumatic memories, some not even making it home. It was a surreal experience working in City Centre today, one I will never forget. Silence, sirens and helicopters. People not knowing what to do. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who had family at that gig, if you're a member of the maiden community or not. As Bruce says and will no doubt say in Cardiff and London, it doesn't matter if you are an Iron Maiden fan or an Ariana Grande fan we are all Blood Brothers.

Another note on Shinedown, it seemed they really won the crowd over as it was always full when they got 2 songs in. They were fantastic performers, takes some major balls to go into a crowd these days with no security around as well. For those who are going to London and Cardiff, I recommend watching Shinedown. Especially Diamond Eyes, I was really impressed with the singer. He really controlled the crowd, and delivered an incredible vocal performance each night whilst also being a showman.
I agree that the singer was good. He has stage presence and engages with the crowd well. Certainly in Birmingham he was doing a lot to get them involved and make us do stuff. I don't have much interest in their music but I can appreciate the effort they've been putting in. It probably helps that they've been around for about 15 years now and, as an established band, have a following that has a reasonable overlap with Iron Maiden's. Previous support bands for Iron Maiden haven't had that and there's been no atmosphere as a result - The Raven Age anyone? In that regard it's a bit of an improvement on some of the previous support acts Maiden have toured with, but they can still do a hell of a lot better.

Previous support bands for Iron Maiden haven't had that and there's been no atmosphere as a result - The Raven Age anyone? In that regard it's a bit of an improvement on some of the previous support acts Maiden have toured with, but they can still do a hell of a lot better.

I thought The Raven Age were pretty decent actually. Still jealous that South America got Anthrax though...
Uhm...as a supporting act, I mean.

Shinedown reeks with fake sounding vocals, at least the backing vocals. It all sounds too good. Also: annoying high level of bass frequency. Overall: not a fan

I would very much enjoy Sabaton as a support band, but would probably be exhausted by the time Maiden came on. Shinedown are okay, but it's just not my sort of music. I switch off after a couple of songs.

Well IMHO they should get Devin Townsend to open shows in near future. Very entertaining performer and amazing singer. And heavy.

I would very much enjoy Sabaton as a support band, but would probably be exhausted by the time Maiden came on.

That''s what it was like for me when I saw Maiden in Bergen in 2010, with Dark Tranquility as support band. My neck was tired and my voice started to crack already during the singalong to Doctor Doctor ...

Back