The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Not that I can recall, but possibly. Wasted and I are driving up on the 15th and going to get a hotel room or something. I fly out on the 17th, but from St Louis.

Not quite sure what my plans are .. beyond I do not think I will be in town long ... but I'll be there for the show for sure.

So much excite.
hqdefault.jpg

As if Steve realizes it too. Check the end when he seems to cheer towards him (after he directed that at the audience). Edit: or not, just turning around.

Cool to see Janick's aggressive fast down stroking in the verses where Adrian and Dave don't (and perhaps also can't) do that.

As if Steve realizes it too. Check the end when he seems to cheer towards him (after he directed that at the audience). Edit: or not, just turning around.

Cool to see Janick's aggressive fast down stroking in the verses where Adrian and Dave don't (and perhaps also can't) do that.

They don't have that kind of picking style. It should sound more aggressive, the way Jan does it tends to pluck the strings and give additional percussive feel. Hard to tell without pro recorded sound. The tempo and pattern however are nothing out of the ordinary.
Fastest downstrokes that Maiden did, are, AFAIK, riffs in Seventh Son in the solo section. Live '88 is about the tempo of a typical live Creeping Death. Smith did also some fast and relatively complex-patterned with Dickinson.
Murray is great with downstrokes generally, and he did that Seventh Son live parts with ease.

They don't have that kind of picking style. It should sound more aggressive, the way Jan does it tends to pluck the strings and give additional percussive feel. Hard to tell without pro recorded sound. The tempo and pattern however are nothing out of the ordinary.
Fastest downstrokes that Maiden did, are, AFAIK, riffs in Seventh Son in the solo section. Live '88 is about the tempo of a typical live Creeping Death. Smith did also some fast and relatively complex-patterned with Dickinson.
Murray is great with downstrokes generally, and he did that Seventh Son live parts with ease.
I see what you mean about those SSOASS parts. It's a different pattern with some short breaks in between, where this part in TGU sounds more continuous, rectangular. Perhaps also more difficult. But I don't mind H and Dave doing it different. Gives another edge to it.

Apparently someone dressed as an ape on Eurovision tonight. Just look at what Bruce has started.

Back