The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I was referring to the various history tours and the fact that despite all the whining about staples, it only got worse from there with TETMD, 2MTM, Trooper, NOTB, HBTN, FotD, etc. all sticking around on most of the tours that followed. Remember, people were seriously calling for Hallowed and NOTB and the like to just be dropped in favor of rarities, which was honestly a totally crazy suggestion.

I got no problem with the TBOS setlist personally, I think it's fucking great. I did think the endless ME tour with barely any rarities was a bad mark and that the 2011 TFF leg could've been far better, but that's in the past now, no use whining about it.
Totally agree.

I think the worst thing about the Maiden England setlist is how close it was to being a total home run.

Swap out ATSS, Running Free and 2 Minutes for Infinite Dreams, Killers and Still Life and it would have been damn near perfect. :(

Totally agree.

I think the worst thing about the Maiden England setlist is how close it was to being a total home run.

Swap out ATSS, Running Free and 2 Minutes for Infinite Dreams, Killers and Still Life and it would have been damn near perfect. :(
Or just ATSS for Infinite Dreams and Running Free for Hallowed.

Or just ATSS for Infinite Dreams and Running Free for Hallowed.
This would've legit saved that set for me, honestly. My dream setlist would've still been those two, plus 2MTM -> Still Life and also replace The Trooper with Die With Your Boots On just for good measure. Hell, throw out Phantom of the Opera too since while I like it, it has nothing to do with Maiden England. Play Killers instead. It'd shorten the set to compensate for some of the harder songs singing wise, so that's good too.

All of this had basically zero chance of happening though, so whatever really. I'm just glad to have the TBOS set we got. Hell, after Bruce's cancer scare, I'm just glad the band is still active and touring at all. I wouldn't be complaining even if the set was the usual staples again + 5 new songs.

The Boring Book Of Souls Tour.

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed Of Light
2 Minutes To Midnight
Tears Of A Clown
The Red And The Black
The Trooper
The Wicker Man
Death Or Glory
The Book Of Souls
Hallowed
FOTD
IM

I'm so glad they didn't do this.
Wicker Man and other reunion stuff would have been great.

I agree. Replace Tears of a Clown with Wrathchild, throw out The Wicker Man and instead add in RTTH there somewhere. There, done. Then remember it could've easily happened this way.

e: Well maybe not RTTH. I'm not so convinced Bruce would've agreed to it, since it would've been bit of a wildcard song to play every night on the first tour after his cancer recovery. It might've been too much, even for him.

You guys are confusing topics. The Wicker Man has nothing to do with this tour, there are at least 5 favourite setlist topics out there of which one is pretty active lately.

More recent info on the case was posted in the other topic (the original, lengthier article). It didn't look as if Matic had seen that article, let alone the topic. The "It is believed Sunday's show will not feature Hallowed Be Thy Name" in this new article is no news. We know that since the start of the tour.

That said, you guys are right. Only here the current absence of Hallowed can be discussed.
I focused more on my thought that it was not very informative compared to the other topic, but that's indeed something else.

Enjoyed the show lots in Leeds tonight. It was my first seated Maiden gig, which was great for seeing the full stage show properly, as well as getting a good view of the guitarists for once. Bruce was bursting with energy and sounded great as far as I can make out, although the sound tonight didn't really do Maiden enough credit, it all got a bit too indistinct at times. I did videos of TBOS and Children of the Dammed, and they sound okay in the recordings. I couldnt hear Dave half as well as I have in the past. I think he did have a guitar problem at one point and had to do an emergency swap.

@matic22 The X-stroyer is back.

Enjoyed the show lots in Leeds tonight. It was my first seated Maiden gig, which was great for seeing the full stage show properly, as well as getting a good view of the guitarists for once. Bruce was bursting with energy and sounded great as far as I can make out, although the sound tonight didn't really do Maiden enough credit, it all got a bit too indistinct at times. I did videos of TBOS and Children of the Dammed, and they sound okay in the recordings. I couldnt hear Dave half as well as I have in the past. I think he did have a guitar problem at one point and had to do an emergency swap.

@matic22 The X-stroyer is back.

Yes it is! I saw it on the Sheffield videos too, but forgot to post about it :p .

I'm going to see them in Boston this summer...I wonder if they will change the setlist at all....hopefully here they will play HBTN, as this isn't really making news stateside here

Back