The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

So it's not BecauseBrucieCantSingIt it's because TheGreatestSongWasCopiedSoWeDontPlayIt?
I have to admit, this is quite possibly the funniest and weirdest scenario possible. Next somebody will show up and tell everyone how Maiden ripped off Infinite Dreams from someone but they settled it out of court in 2012, right after the tour started!

e: Hallowed sucks now, btw. Worst song, hands down.

A guy fell from the top tier in the 3Arena tonight. Missed the mixing desk by about 2 foot but hit the ground pretty hard. A lot of blood. Hope he's ok.

He's pretty good there. Better than I remember his Trooper performances at Download 2013 and Sonisphere 2014.

A guy fell from the top tier in the 3Arena tonight. Missed the mixing desk by about 2 foot but hit the ground pretty hard. A lot of blood. Hope he's ok.

didn't see it myself but a mate did. it was a deliberate running jump not an accidental fall.

The Trooper was not played during the concert in Northern Ireland in 2011.

I think Maiden always played it in Ireland. At least: I cannot find when it was not played when they visited the country. According to bootleg info, it was at least played in 1990 (first time in Ireland), 1993, 2003 and 2005.

it was played in 1996 as well. It wasn't in the set worldwide for the other times they played ireland.

There was a bit of booing at bruce waving the union jack in 2003, in 2005 they played the Trooper but Bruce didn't wave the flag and then in 2010 in Belfast the police told them not to wave the flag so they dropped the song.

EDIT: there was no booing or any sort of reaction last night that I could see.

Last edited:
Shit ! I've seen that the attention of some spectators was caught by something, but I couldn't notice what. The band themselves didn't see anything I assume.
As for the gig, which was miles ahead the Antwerpen one, the guys were on fire, except for Adrian. He seemed to had some trouble at some point, and often remained at the very back of the stage. Bruce suffered terribly on The Great Unkown. I love the song, but it does not function very well I think. The venue was great and Irish are really friendly people.

EDIT: there was no booing or any sort of reaction last night that I could see.

There was ! Short, and from a limited part of the audience, but there were very audible wistles. Considering how the Trooper cover is used in Ulster, I can understand the discontent.

I haven't seen a live version of TGUnknown in ages. People are not eager to film/share it.
The Frankfurt version showed Bruce with lack of breath (in Antwerp this went better) and I was wondering how it went afterwards.

Steve and Dave are being sued over Hallowed Be Thy Name and The Nomad. Wonder if that's why they dropped Hallowed Be Thy Name this year, and why it was dropped in 2012. I'm putting the link here because of setlists spoilers.

http://metaltalk.net/news_seventeen/hallowed_be_thy_claim.php
From the limited stuff I had access to, it seems that there are two distinct problems. Steve and Adrian are sued, but also his former bandmate, in favor of whom the initial agreement was made. Am I right ?

Last edited:
Back