Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well duh. It was illegal streaming and downloads that were killing the music industry. Once the industry embraced legal streaming and downloads like iTunes, Spotify and YouTube, the turn for the better was bound to happen. Revenue growth is so large because of the revenue dropoff that preceeds it.

Also I think it's important to outline the distinction between music the art and music the industry. Because I think illegal streaming and downloading has provided a massive boost to the popularization of music. We're now at a point where music is nearly a need, rather than a luxury or indulgence. And the added exposure "not having to pay" brought to the table is huge.

I'm following a YouTube code I thought of myself, which is that a political YouTube channel that has videos with thumbnails that include red arrows and circles is all conspiracy theory bullshit, which means that channel you posted is bullshit.

Great quote from unnamed train driver:

"The optimist sees the light in the tunnel. The pessimist sees the dark. The realist sees the train. The train driver sees three morons on the tracks"

Back