The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

And drumming department. And guitar department. And bass, well maybe not bass (Cliff Burton was god). Also Kirk Wahmett is one of the most boring soloists ever. I am just waiting for the day when he puts EMG's in the Greeny Les Paul. If that happens, I'll buy an aeroplane ticket to SF and kill him.
Well I can only say that I can play way more Maiden songs than I do Metallica ones...haha

Me either, but that is siply because I prefer Maiden :p . The hardest thing to play in Metallica songs is James' rythm parts, his right arm is on fire.

As I said before things can change (there are still lights for the "cage" that were used only on HBTN on stage). The bigges indicators will be the two Oberhausen shows. Of nothing changes, that's probably it for the European leg. They could switch things a bit for US though.

I know I cannot prove this, but without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, when I saw them 2 shows back to back in Cardiff in 1986 (SIT Tour) they added Prowler to the set, mid way through the set. I can't remember if it replaced a song though.

I clearly remember Bruce made a big deal of getting people to shout if they were at yesterdays show ..... loads of people screamed .... he said "really....that many of you?" and they then played Prowler as a "surprise". I also remember thinking "oh, it's Dave who plays the lead at the beginning then".

I did not see Prowler live again until the Early Days Tour so I know I am not mixing 80s tours up in my mind. ;)

Unfortunately the second gig has no bootleg info. @Welsh Phantom.
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/?url=tour06_sit/bootlegs06_sit&lang=eng&link=tours#1986-10-06
Always thought Prowler was not played that whole tour. It was played at some 1983 and 1993 gigs though. Sure some tours haven't rotated in your mind?
I know I cannot prove this, but without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, when I saw them 2 shows back to back in Cardiff in 1986 (SIT Tour) they added Prowler to the set, mid way through the set. I can't remember if it replaced a song though.

I clearly remember Bruce made a big deal of getting people to shout if they were at yesterdays show ..... loads of people screamed .... he said "really....that many of you?" and they then played Prowler as a "surprise". I also remember thinking "oh, it's Dave who plays the lead at the beginning then".

I did not see Prowler live again until the Early Days Tour so I know I am not mixing 80s tours up in my mind. ;)

Last edited:
Unfortunately this does not support you @Welsh Phantom.
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/?url=tour06_sit/bootlegs06_sit&lang=eng&link=tours#1986-10-06
Contradicts you even since one bootleg is said to be complete show. Prowler was not played that whole tour. It was played at some 1983 and 1993 gigs though. Sure some tours haven't rotated in your mind?

First tour I saw was 84 and I missed the 93 tour. As I said I cannot prove it but I have no doubt at all. Also, as far I know, the 2nd night bootleg does not exist or has not surfaced. I used to write the set list down back in the day, in a scrap book with the tickets etc. Lost the scrap book in house moves years ago, but I remember being so pleased to see Prowler on the 2nd night. I was standing left of stage about 20 rows back and enjoyed watching Dave play the lead part mimicking the vocal line. I saw it happen, I was there, that's all I can say. :)

Somewhere on Tour had multiple songs rotated and dropped after a few gigs.... here they are

1. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner dropped after first show
2. Where Eagles Dare added 2nd show but then dropped after 25 shows
3. Flight of Icarus was played the first 5 nights then dropped
4. Phantom of the Opera was added on the 6th night after Icarus was dropped
5. Sea of Madness was dropped after the 2nd USA show
6. Sanctuary was dropped at the beginning of the USA leg
7. Wrathchild was played one time in Manchester then dropped and not brought back until the end in Japan.. lolololol
8. Walking Glass solo was not played the last night in Japan

First tour I saw was 84 and I missed the 93 tour. As I said I cannot prove it but I have no doubt at all. Also, as far I know, the 2nd night bootleg does not exist or has not surfaced. I used to write the set list down back in the day, in a scrap book with the tickets etc. Lost the scrap book in house moves years ago, but I remember being so pleased to see Prowler on the 2nd night. I was standing left of stage about 20 rows back and enjoyed watching Dave play the lead part mimicking the vocal line. I saw it happen, I was there, that's all I can say. :)
Cool. Could be the only time of the tour.

it should also be noted, it was the first time in the band's history that the closing track to the album was not played on the tour... Every album up to SIT had it's closing track played... Alexander the Great was to be played but since Adrian couldn't remember his solos, they gave Rime 2 more years... damn.........

Back