Official Hockey discussion thread

Scott Darling is playing his way into a really nice contract next year. Good for him, good guy and turning into a really good goalie. Nice game last night after a 2 week layoff from an injury.

Ottawa is finally getting an outdoor game in Dec 2017 vs the Habs. TD Place was adding 10,000 extra seats for the Grey Cup, so those seats will stay up later and the NHL will put a rink on the field.

Ottawa is finally getting an outdoor game in Dec 2017 vs the Habs. TD Place was adding 10,000 extra seats for the Grey Cup, so those seats will stay up later and the NHL will put a rink on the field.

That should be cool .. you going to go? I have always wanted to go see one of these

Wow. Hell of a story, and I feel for the poor man - glad to see he figured out how to get his life on track before he became the next Wade Belak.

Yeah .. in general, that site is really good .. interesting stories across many sports .. I enjoyed reading several about people/sports that I have minimal to no interest in.

Good for him, I hated his contract, but he always seemed like a cool guy and I wish him nothing but the best

Yeah, I was flying yesterday but missed the game, they played pretty well game 1 ... but they obviously need to get it going quickly

Been a hell of a good playoffs so far with interesting surprises. Both the Wild and the Hawks (!) on the precipice of being eliminated.

Ducks are up 2-0 in a game 4 against Calgary. Fucking Ducks just scored off the blue line, Gulutzan pulled Elliott right away, and Chad Johnson lets one in right after. Jeez.

Ducks are up 2-0 in a game 4 against Calgary. Fucking Ducks just scored off the blue line, Gulutzan pulled Elliott right away, and Chad Johnson lets one in right after. Jeez.
Elliott looked exactly like Jonas Hiller 2 years ago in the playoffs in these games...I wonder how long it will take for the Flames to find a reliable starter like Kiprusoff again, because that's what the team will need to make any progress from here. I'm hoping that John Gillies will be able to develop into a reliable starter for the team in 2-3 years from now. Maybe Ben Bishop would be a decent choice in the mean time.

Or maybe it will take a bit of gambling, like the Kiprusoff trade in 2003? A second round pick for a struggling backup goaltender, who then turns into the league's best goaltender over a night.

Last edited:
Damn, if the Edmonton Oilers manage to get the past the Ducks, they will be just four wins away from the Stanley Cup finals and will face Nashville or St. Louis.

Last edited:
I don't have much hope for the World Championship for Canada, unfortunately. Our team is not very good, and Russia is going to get better when Washington goes out and Kuznetsov and Ovechkin join them.

Back