The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Planning on going to see the band live for the first time. I'm excited. I'm curious to see how the paperless ticket system works, and I'm going to get tickets as soon as possible but am hoping to go to a show later in the summer. Will the system just remember that I bought tickets and hold onto them for several months?

Planning on going to see the band live for the first time. I'm excited. I'm curious to see how the paperless ticket system works, and I'm going to get tickets as soon as possible but am hoping to go to a show later in the summer. Will the system just remember that I bought tickets and hold onto them for several months?
The way it worked last year was you basically used your credit card as your ticket! Bring the credit card with you that was used to purchase the tickets, they will swipe your card to let you in. If you bought multiple tickets on it, everyone has to enter at the same time. I know some people were printing out a receipt/confirmation to bring along just for precaution.

Bought tickets for the San Antonio show. This will be my 6th Maiden concert. I have to say though, the choice for the opening band this year is really disappointing. Last time around we got Megadeth! Now -- Ghost?! Is this just an elaborate ploy to drive us into the lobby to buy even more t-shirts?

Interesting that the San Bernardino show is like a mini-festival, with Kamelot and Exodus added to the bill playing before Ghost. I wonder why? Is this part of a festival date?

It is. Few years back I attended the "battle of San Bernardino" there at San Manuel amphitheater. It is a very nice venue as far as sheds go. Huge lawn area and better traffic situation compared to the other Southern California outdoor choices.
The only difference is last time that "mini festival" had better supporting acts, in my opinion. Meadeath was on prior to maiden. As long as Maiden doesn't shorten their set, which they won't-it's aaaaallll gooood!

Are ticket prices generally more expensive in America? I paid £65 for floor tickets for Birmingham here in England.

Evidently. We also have "Ticketmaster" which adds fees of about $20 per ticket. To wit, my tickets for Newark were $105, but fees and "convenience charges" made the total cost $124.55. My Brooklyn tickets were $125, but with fees they came to $147.35

Interesting that the San Bernardino show is like a mini-festival, with Kamelot and Exodus added to the bill playing before Ghost. I wonder why? Is this part of a festival date?
I think they will add more bands to the line-up. I think they had five bands in 2013.

Got Oklahoma City tickets for me and my brother. This will be both of our first times seeing them live. Can't wait.

Evidently. We also have "Ticketmaster" which adds fees of about $20 per ticket. To wit, my tickets for Newark were $105, but fees and "convenience charges" made the total cost $124.55. My Brooklyn tickets were $125, but with fees they came to $147.35

I bought mine through Ticketmaster, and fees were only about £8.75 per ticket.

No wonder you Americans always complain about ticket prices.

In New Zealand last year ticket fees were only 5 bucks, cant believe ticketmaster add so much in fees. San Bernadino cost me 99.50 + 25 buck in fees crazy.

Got my tickets to San Berdoo -- likely won't make Chicago. Bringing my kid, so I probably won't come early for Kamelot, Exodus, etc. No great loss, IMO. I am interested in hearing Ghost. Anyone seen them live?

Got my tickets to San Berdoo -- likely won't make Chicago. Bringing my kid, so I probably won't come early for Kamelot, Exodus, etc. No great loss, IMO. I am interested in hearing Ghost. Anyone seen them live?
I saw them open for Mastodon a few years back. We checked out some of their songs before going and thought they were kind of boring, but live they were SUPER INCREDIBLE!

I'm practically losing my mind with so much excitement! It's going to be hard to keep it together for the next 5 months. :lol:

Stupid that you need a passport to come to Canada. It was stupid when they started it and it's stupid now. But keep in touch, I'll be in Toronto to tailgate/drink/rock out beforehand!

Agreed. PITA for no good reason.
I'm curious to see if the venue has changed much since I was there back in 05 to see Maiden.

I just saw Ghost headlining here on their Popestar tour and they were fantastic.
Papa is hilarious, and the whole thing is so over the top you can't help but have a good time.
I can't wait to see them again, but it's gonna be a little weird seeing those ghouls playing in the bright New Mexican daylight.

Just bought tickets! I'm still a bit unsure how to get them, because it says that print at home is an option, but doesn't it want you to bring the card and scan it there? Or should I print the tickets?

Back