The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Fucking travel if you want to see Maiden.
That's my sentiments exactly. As I have said before they are a bunch of blokes well into their fifties who play nearly 2 hours a gig, you cannot expect them to do the 150+ gig tours that they used to. I'm just grateful that they are still touring at all, and I and my friends (and family!) will travel to see them whenever we can.

The past 10 years I've been lucky enough to see them in Dublin twice, Belfast, Cardiff, Berlin twice, Paris three times and Barcelona as well as Download twice and evey night they've played at the O2 in London.

For the 2017 tour we're off to Dublin again, as well as Antwerp, Cardiff and the O2. It doesn't make me some of "super fan" I'm just a 52 year old geezer who loves Maiden and acknowledges they won't be with us forever so I take every opportunity I can to go and see them live.

This day and age of cheap flight and hotel deals and the information available on of the internet there's no reason why you can't make at least one trip a tour to see them if you really want to rather than bitching about them not playing your town.

I had to travel downtown. It was rough. Took me like 15 minutes. Outrageous.

All kidding aside, though, I did fly to Vegas in '13 specifically for the Maiden England show... even though I'd already seen it in Denver. Really glad I did... made it even more of a big special event.

Really glad I did... made it even more of a big special event.
Agreed. Meeting @Perun, @SinisterMinisterX, @Natalie, @national acrobat was quite the fucking time. Boston will always be a cherished memory.

Then concert #2 with @Cornfed Hick, @bearfan, @MrKnickerbocker and the amazing @Wästed The Great...how often is it that twice in a lifetime, you meet two different roomfuls of people and feel like you're long time friends with them immediately?

Looking forward to concerts #4 & 5!

From USA Today Network's Wisconsin affiliate (posted on Jan 4):

"Ford Festival Park will again play host to Rock USA. We don't yet have a lineup, but we do know the headbanger-friendly festival runs July 13-15."

I'm not usually a fan of festivals, but if they do hit this fest in addition to Chicago or Milwaukee I might still go. The air museum in Oshkosh is fantastic and you can bet Bruce would want to pay a visit!

Their poster from last year has mummies with pyramids behind them... not exactly a by the numbers rip-off of Powerslave... but the implication was there. The headliners were Slipknot, Alice In Chains, and Five Finger Death Punch. Obviously... no Maiden.
They're probably just doing the same thing again this year.
Maybe a lawyer should get involved?
RockUSA2016_wp.jpg

Rock USA Fest in Oshkosh, WI teaser pic: "The Beast Returns"

https://www.facebook.com/Official.R...151785236943/1347681321950644/?type=3&theater

Maiden hasn't played that fest before if I recall correctly, but "returns" could just refer to the US in general.
Maiden actually have played that festival before. In 2012 on the Maiden England tour. So that picture actually makes sense...

If they don't come any closer to Chicago, then I'll definitely be going. Hell, I might go to that anyways...

Thank you so much for posting that, Lego! I'm getting super pumped up right now! Iron Maiden U.S. tour this summer! :clap::rocker::nana:

..I may have been mistaken. It looks like I got this confused with Rock Fest, which is a completely separate festival, which also happens to be in Wisconsin, which also takes place on the exact same weekend. :facepalm:

Rock USA Fest in Oshkosh, WI teaser pic: "The Beast Returns"

https://www.facebook.com/Official.R...151785236943/1347681321950644/?type=3&theater

Maiden hasn't played that fest before if I recall correctly, but "returns" could just refer to the US in general.
If that is indeed Maiden I think this is one of the last dates on the tour, which probably means they will go from West to East (I'd say they won't do any coast dates on this tour, except for maybe Seattle). If that proves right i'd say anyone who lives between Arizona and Ohio has a pretty good chance that Maiden wil play near them.

Good find Lego, though unfortunately after some digging I think it's a coincidence and doesn't have anything to do with Iron Maiden.

Apparently they posted a picture of... something (looks like a mummy)... back on December 7, and one of the top comments was "Iron Maiden?" to which ROCK USA actually replied, "Love the guess, but it is not affiliated with Iron Maiden."

EDIT: Just checked your picture posted today, Lego, and it looks like Rock USA replied the same thing in regards to several of the top comments mentioning Iron Maiden just a few minutes ago...

"This is unrelated to Iron Maiden, but it will be a great lineup!"

Boo.

Maybe their teasers shouldn't be hints of mummies and beasts, as I'm sure Maiden is one of the first and few in the rock/metal world people think of when those clues are given to them. Seems like it backfired when a lot of people were speculating Maiden and Rock USA had to shut those people down.

It could be Iced Earth as well. Have they played there before? Actually the mummies look more like Iced Earth art....but I don't think they've ever used the term "beast" though?

Iced Earth is nowhere near big enough in America to headline a festival like that. They would be special guests on a second stage or something.

Back