The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

One third of the crowd go "yeeeeo!"
One third go "boooooo!"
The final third go "what are those dicks at?"

Also, I sent 5 mins sayin 'Gers' in ridiculous Northern Irish accents in an attempt to work out what ye were on about...

I got burned on my "maybe Maiden will play Riot Fest" guess earlier in the year, but I'm still thinking something's up for Chicago. In April, Bruce hinted at coming back to Chicago soon before saying, "I'm not supposed to say anything about that yet," with a gleam in his eye. At the least, I'd assume that means a North American tour is in the plans. Regarding Chicago, maybe a Lollapalooza performance? Lolla usually gets one metal band per year, and it'd be interesting to see Maiden playing a few of the big U.S. summer festivals.

Live Nation has controlling interest in Lolla, and the company works with Maiden...

I got burned on my "maybe Maiden will play Riot Fest" guess earlier in the year, but I'm still thinking something's up for Chicago. In April, Bruce hinted at coming back to Chicago soon before saying, "I'm not supposed to say anything about that yet," with a gleam in his eye. At the least, I'd assume that means a North American tour is in the plans. Regarding Chicago, maybe a Lollapalooza performance? Lolla usually gets one metal band per year, and it'd be interesting to see Maiden playing a few of the big U.S. summer festivals.

Live Nation has controlling interest in Lolla, and the company works with Maiden...

If it's Lolla I will be so pissed off.

No FTTB, too many drunk/drugged up people and most of them aren't even there for Maiden.

No thanks.

I keep holding on to Nicko's comments from 2013 about a touring "Maiden-Fest" with a line-up similar to The Battle Of San Bernardino.
I wouldn't be surprised if they've got that up their sleeves for the U.S. this Summer.

I don't know if Lolla follows the same headliners through out the world, but either here and in Lolla Chile, Metallica'll be the metal headliner. Again, I don't know how this works in the US

based on when the european tour ends this coming spring, i'm thinking that maiden is gonna play bonnaroo this summer. really hoping that maiden and phish are headliners.

In the light of Roy Z's little social media hint the other day, I wonder where the next Bruce album fits into the timescale?

Who knows? I cannot wait to hear new Bruce solo stuff and to watch the Scream for me Sarajevo documentary, which allegedly will have a soundtrack.

Ok I just watched the official ad for TBOS 2017 tour and it again brings me to the question which songs will be switched in the 2017 setlist. A friend of mine (a fellow Maiden fan) told me that Bruce said in an interview that they will switch 2-3 songs. So here is the set from 2016. Songs that are in green are featured in the 2017 ad and will most likely not be switched. The red songs could potentialy be replaced.

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed Of Light
Children Of The Damned
Tears Of A Clown
The Red And The Black

The Trooper
Powerslave
Death Or Glory
The Book Of Souls
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden (Not in the ad, but won't be replaced)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Number Of The Beast
Blood Brothers

Wasted Years

I think that I should add that TRATB is the least likely to be replaced for 2016.

So what I would like to see? Something Like this:

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed Of Light
22 Accacia Avenue
Tears Of A Clown
Stranger In A Strange Land
Infinite Dreams
The Trooper
Powerslave
Death Or Glory
The Book Of Souls
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Blood Brothers
Wasted Years

I left Wasted Years, because I think it works well as an closer.

The most realistic option I can think of:

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed Of Light
2 Minutes To Midnight or Revelations
Brave New World
The Red And The Black
The Trooper
Powerslave
Death Or Glory
The Book Of Souls
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Blood Brothers
Sanctuary or Running Free

What do you think?

I think I'm not going to get to see whatever they play.
If Empire makes an appearance, I will be more upset than when the rest of world got five Final Frontier tracks and we got one.

I do think Children of the Damned and Tears of a Clown are likely to be swapped out, but I can't decide if Red and the Black would be, or Wasted Years. WY was played on the recent Maiden England tour(s) so it's had a lot of exposure of late, although it was a decent close to the show. If that was dropped, I could imagine it being replaced by Running Free.

If Tears of a Clown goes, Man of Sorrows would be my guess for a replacement (although I'd prefer Great Unknown). It would make sense to swap COTD for something 80s, and Revelations did spring to mind. What would replace Red and the Black isn't so obvious. I still doubt they'd do Empire, which makes me think they'd pull out something older. I don't think Bruce was having an easy time of performing RATB this year, and I don't think the audience reception of it was particularly good either. But it is Steve's baby. If they were to drop it, maybe two shorter songs would be substituted. This year's selection felt crammed with longer songs, having RATB, Powerslave, and Book of Souls not too far apart. It looked like hard work.

Wicker Man and BNW were on the Chinese censor approval lists, weren't they, suggesting they'd both been rehearsed - even if Wicker Man turned out to be Wickerslave. Those are both possible substitutions if so - maybe one even coming in in place of Blood Brothers? BB seemed to work well for the band, though. It's not too hard on Bruce, and seemed well received too.

I think Brigs is probably right - Children and Tears are probably gonna be the first cut. I think they'll lose Blood Brothers, but keep Wasted Years and TRATB (as much as I wish they'd drop this to make room for 2-3 other songs). I foresee Wicker Man making a return, too.

As is usual for Maiden, I doubt we'll ever hear any other songs off The Book of Souls other than what as has already been played.

I think Brigs is probably right - Children and Tears are probably gonna be the first cut. I think they'll lose Blood Brothers, but keep Wasted Years and TRATB (as much as I wish they'd drop this to make room for 2-3 other songs). I foresee Wicker Man making a return, too.

As is usual for Maiden, I doubt we'll ever hear any other songs off The Book of Souls other than what as has already been played.
If Blood Brothers is swapped out, that would be the first time Maiden haven't played all of the songs that appear in the tour ad.

Back