Sabaton

They're a very keyboardy band, really, I suspect they just don't want a dedicated keyboard player as an official band member as it doesn't fit their image. It's definitely a major part of their sound.

As with NP, the album has definitely grown on me now, and Last Dying Breath has gone right up in my rankings. It's one of the numerous Sabaton songs that feel too short. Wish they'd write slightly longer.

They're a very keyboardy band, really, I suspect they just don't want a dedicated keyboard player as an official band member as it doesn't fit their image. It's definitely a major part of their sound.

As with NP, the album has definitely grown on me now, and Last Dying Breath has gone right up in my rankings. It's one of the numerous Sabaton songs that feel too short. Wish they'd write slightly longer.
I don't think it hurt their image too much back in 2008.

Just got this email from Enter The Vault ticket seller:

Sabaton announces 2 North American shows (so far) in 2017 as part of their ongoing tour in support of their new record THE LAST STAND.

April 21 - PlayStation Theater NYC, NY
May 11 - City National Grove Anaheim, CA

Soooooo...NA headlining tour from 4/21-5/11/17?!

Fingers crossed for a solid date for me.

Edit - just checked the Sabaton website and they have nothing booked after April 1st except the Sabaton Open Air. Big gap there for them to do a tour.

Yeah, I would assume that the NYC date would be the start of the tour and the LA date would be the end of the tour (just geographically speaking). Obviously, that could be changed a little bit by adding a nearby East Coast/West Coast date before or after those two already scheduled, but I doubt it.

I figured that they'd take off a week after Sabaton Open Air to recuperate, then add time for rehearsals, arrangements, and travel to North America for the last couple weeks of April. Since it is their first headlining tour, I'm betting on a major market only run.

My rough guess:
4/20 - Toronto or Montreal
4/21 - NYC
4/22 - Philly or DC
4/24 - somewhere in Florida
4/25 - Atlanta or Charlotte
4/26 - Ohio or Michigan
4/27 - Chicago
4/28 - Wisconsin or Minnesota
4/30 - Texas
5/1 - Texas
5/2 - New Mexico
5/3 - Denver
5/5 - Utah
5/7 - Vancouver
5/8 - Seattle/Portland
5/9 - San Francisco
5/11 - LA

Hey @LooseCannon -

Sabaton will play Montreal at Club Soda on April 25, 2017
This show , as well as the NYC and Anaheim , includes a Vip ticket --- LIMITED VIP TICKET which includes a ticket to the show , a POST SHOW MEET/GREET with SABATON to happen at the end of the show.... This includes a customized poster AND a Tshirt of your choice for free

New show
April 25 Club Soda Montreal , QUE
ONSALE NOW - http://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7402

Yeah, I've purchased tickets through them for Nightwish/Sabaton and for Symphony X. Totally legitimate, even if their web layout skills are incredibly poor.

Never been to that venue but a lot of Metal bands have been stopping there lately.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a full tour!

From http://www.sabaton.net/tour/ and Facebook. Tickets - http://enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=851

SABATON North American headline tour 2017.

The time has come for THE LAST TOUR to reach the North American shores, and for the first time since 2012, Sabaton will headline a tour in USA and Canada!

Tickets are out already, including VIP meet and greet, supports will be announced at a later time.

After 4 tours in a row supporting other bands, the time is right for us to turn the tables and headline.
We have seen the fans reactions and now we feel confident that we can not just pull this off, but we can do it in great style!
We also spent a lot of effort into making sure that we will give everyone a great evening by bringing support bands that fits with us and that is also equally exclusive as a Sabaton headline show.

APR 20, 2017 - PHILADELPHIA, PA - THE TROCADERO
APR 21, 2017 - NEW YORK, NY - PLAYSTATION THEATER
APR 23, 2017 - CLIFTON PARK, NY - UPSTATE CONCERT HALL
APR 25, 2017 - MONTREAL, QUE - CLUB SODA
APR 26, 2017 - QUEBEC CITY, QE - IMPERIAL DE QUEBEC
APR 27, 2017 - TORONTO, ON - OPERA HOUSE
APR 28, 2017 - CLEVELAND, OH - THE AGORA BALLROOM
APR 30, 2017 - LOUISVILLE, KY - DIAMOND PUB AND BILLIARDS
MAY 1, 2017 - CHICAGO, IL - CONCORD MUSIC HALL
MAY 2, 2017 - MINNEAPOLIS, MN - THE CABOOZE
MAY 3, 2017 - WINNIPEG, MB - PARK THEATER
MAY 5, 2017 - EDMONTON, AB - UNION HALL
MAY 6, 2017 - CALGARY, AB - THE PALACE
MAY 7, 2017 - RICKSHAW THEATER - RICKSHAW THEATER
MAY 8, 2017 - SEATTLE, WA - EL CORAZON
MAY 10, 2017 - SAN FRANCISCO, CA - REGENCY BALLROOM
MAY 11, 2017 - ANAHEIM, CA - CITY NATIONAL GROVE
MAY 12, 2017 - TEMPE, AZ - MARQUEE THEATER
MAY 14, 2017 - ENGLEWOOD, CO - GOTHIC THEATER
MAY 16, 2017 - DALLAS, TX - TREES
MAY 17, 2017 - SAN ANTONIO, TX - ALAMO MUSIC HALL
MAY 18, 2017 - HOUSTON, TX - SCOUT BAR
MAY 20, 2017 - TAMPA, FL - ORPHEUM
MAY 21, 2017 - CHARLOTTE, NC - THE UNDERGROUND
MAY 22, 2017 - SILVER SPRINGS, MD - THE FILLMORE

EDIT: Anddddd tickets are now onsale! Just bought 'em for Chicago :shred::edmetal::rocker::okok::nana::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a diverse setlist by the time they come to Tallinn in February as I'm not very keen on The Last Stand. On the other hand, it is probably the most professional they've ever sounded, so that's a plus.

Their current setlist has 5 songs from the latest release and 11 in total from the other albums. A decent emphasis on The Last Stand but plenty of oldies in there, seems good.

Back