The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Time to take a toilet break now.
I despise this attitude quite thoroughly. Maybe you don't like the song, but you're the guy who insists that songs are worth listening to. I'd sit through The Apparition and The Assassin if Maiden played them live, and this song is none of those things.

Besides, it's better live.

The instrumental on The Red and the Black is the best instrumental segment since Paschendale, or possibly Rime.

The instrumental on The Red and the Black is the best instrumental segment since Paschendale, or possibly Rime.

This.

For me personally, it is tied with Rime for my favourite instrumental section of all time. It was one of the absolute highlights of the gig at download, an absolute joy to listen to every time.

For me personally, it is tied with Rime for my favourite instrumental section of all time. It was one of the absolute highlights of the gig at download, an absolute joy to listen to every time.
Both times I saw it live, the instrumental of TRATB was a highlight, alongside Powerslave and TBOS.

I agree- it's so triumphant and perfectly captures the "fuck off, we do things our own way" attitude of latter-day Maiden. Wrecking my neck to this part of the tune on the barrier in Florida this year was one of the absolute top experiences I've ever had.

Back