Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So many stuff in that guide goes unwritten. It's like you are programmed to behave in that way in a pub - even before you reach the legal age to drink.

So it's really like that? The Useful Notes pages on TV Tropes are generally very... well, useful and insightful, so I'm not really surprised, but it's cool if even these things are accurate. :)
I get the feeling I would rather enjoy a British pub myself :cheers:

On the whole, the pub experience is pretty informal and as long as you’re not a complete dick, you'll enjoy it. Go for a drink, pay your way, be patient when the pub is busy - enjoy. :)

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've never been to UK so far and going into one of those from here is somewhat... difficult, really.

They literally cannot be worse than drunk Spaniards.

In college I've lived on the same Floor with Erasmus students. Believe me, I know. :yawn:

Can it possibly be worse than drunk Americans?
I resemble that remark! Drunk Aussies are the worst though.

To quote P.J. O'Rourke: "Once you've been on a plane full of drunken Australians doing wallaby imitations up and down the aisles, you'll never make fun of Americans visiting the Wailing Wall in short shorts again."

Last edited:
No, the Erasmus Exchange Programme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus_Programme

Universities swap their students for a year. Or half a year. Very often those students use the other uni's dormitories as well.

I nearly signed up to the Erasmus Programme when I was at university, so I could study for a year in Switzerland. I didn't because my French was rubbish, despite the extra lessons.

AC/DC knew how to play on words. I mean:

"Let me put my love into you babe
Let me cut your cake with my knife"

Back