NOW WATCHING

So, taking the last episode into consideration, I now think R + L = J (+ M?) is more or less confirmed. Anyone agrees/disagrees?

BTW, apart from the even-stupider-than-in-S5 Dorne plot (I guess that won't be better anymore... "bad pussy"... [shudder]) the last three episodes were excellent, IMHO.

Also - I think someone here might know this - in Monty Python's Meaning of Life, in the Find the Fish segment - does anyone know who actually played the elephant butler? I tried to find out, but everywhere it's just "Man with bendy arms (Terry Jones) and a transvestite (Graham Chapman) and the elephant-headed butler", with no name given. Could it be Terry Gilliam? (supposedly, the costume comes from one of his other films, though it was edited out of it). It's definitely not Cleese, because, like, height and Chapman and Jones are in the scene, so it must be Idle, Palin, Gilliam or someone else altogether...

[after catching up with GoT I decided to watch this classic. Still subjectively probably the best Python movie]

I finally saw 10 Cloverfield Lane. I've been waiting for it since the trailer dropped and I'm not disappointed. It's the best film I saw this year (which includes some late 2015 releases) and I can totally see it making to the top 3 of 2016. Intriguing story, great directing and acting... It managed to keep me at the edge of my seat for the whole time. I know the ending is probably highly divisive, but I buy it. Other scenarios for the conclusion that I could think of, would be unsatisfactory. I highly recommend this film, especially if you like the kind of Lost-ish mistery vibe - I really felt like I was watching a great Lost episode (and I mean the thrill, not similarities in story, although there are some minor ones).

So, taking the last episode into consideration, I now think R + L = J (+ M?) is more or less confirmed. Anyone agrees/disagrees?

BTW, apart from the even-stupider-than-in-S5 Dorne plot (I guess that won't be better anymore... "bad pussy"... [shudder]) the last three episodes were excellent, IMHO.
I agree that R + L = J is more or less confirmed, but I'm wondering how big of an impact it will have on the show only watchers. The show hasn't really touched on Rhaegar and his back story much, so I'm doubting whether it will even be a big deal to people who haven't read the books.

Don't even get me started on Dorne. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes want to avenge Oberyn, so they kill his brother and nephew?? Also, wasn't Areo Hotah supposed to be a badass? He died way too easily. It sometimes feels like the Dorne scenes is not even the same show.

I will admit that it's a bit exciting watching the show for the first time without knowing what will happen. Just about every storyline has overtaken the books, so everything from here out will be a surprise. I'm especially excited to see how things play out in the North.

Oh, bugger. I don't even know whether the episode and all those show-only spoilers were dead amazing or complete bollocks. What I can say however, is that season 6 is very much of the "leave every stone unturned" variety.

Watched the mini-series The Assets on Netflix. Pretty solid series, 8 episodes and a 9th that is a documentary. It is basically the story of Aldrich Ames and the CIA.

Forgot to post about X-Men Apocalypse after I saw it the other night. I found it a lot better than any of the more recent X-Men films, a good mix of multiple plots and action, nicely put together scenes and a decent scattering of humour.

I think this had more mutant characters in action than any of the other films, even if several of the big players are still teenagers. I felt a few of the X-Men films haven't had as much mutants-using-their-powers-in-battle scenes as I'd like to see. This one was very good in that department. Great to see a young Storm, and how Jean Grey struggles to control her powers even from a young age, proving even then to be the most powerful of the mutants. It was a nice touch starting off in Ancient Egypt before moving to the 80s, which makes a change from some of the present day/futuristic settings. The deaths of Magneto's wife and daughter was an unusually powerful scene for a comic book film. The best scene, though, has to be Quicksilver's rescue of everyone in Xavier's School, to a soundtrack of Eurythmics.

As with NP the other day, I didn't go into this film with a whole lot of expectations. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of action, and glad there was more to it than simply back story about the earlier days of the big name mutants that dominated the previous film.

It was OK but had many flaws. So Magneto kills millions of people and destroys multiple cities, and he just walks away at the end?

Psylocke, Storm and Angel were underused. Magneto's change of heart was weird. Moira overstayed her welcome in the movie, dunno why the fuck they brought her to the final battle when she doesn't have superpowers.

How cheesy was it when they played Metallica's The Four Horsemen while The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse were uniting? :p Also should've been Be Quick Or Be Dead instead of Eurythmics for Quicksilver's rescue :p

Wolverine's cameo was sweet though.

It was OK but had many flaws. So Magneto kills millions of people and destroys multiple cities, and he just walks away at the end?

Psylocke, Storm and Angel were underused. Magneto's change of heart was weird. Moira overstayed her welcome in the movie, dunno why the fuck they brought her to the final battle when she doesn't have superpowers.

Yeah, they ended on unconvincingly friendly terms. I thought Jean would end up fighting him. I didn't get why they bothered with Moira much at all, unless it makes a major difference to the next film. What was it they showed after the credits? I stayed to the end but was half asleep and I can't remember what happened now.

Psylocke, Storm and Angel were just a kind of introduction to the characters, I suppose.

Finally came around to see part 1 of Panem:Mockingjay.

While the first two movies were kind of average , this one did it for me.

Somehow reminded me of the last part of Matrix.

Can't wait to see part 2 and how it turns out

How cheesy was it when they played Metallica's The Four Horsemen while The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse were uniting?
I loved the fact that Bryan chose ANY Metallica song to be used. Far too much top 40 music in films lately. I am down for ANY use of metal in big budget films.

Just finished watching The Expanse. Good show - nothing spectacular, but fun to watch. Recomended if you're all out of series and have a wish for a good SF.

Just watched the pilot episode for Game of Thrones. I expected lots of political posturing, swords, beards, and dragons and stuff...I got boobs. Show should literally just be called Game of Boobs.

There really isn't that much boobs. Shows like Rome and Spartacus have like 50x more nudity, and The Walking Dead is way gorier IMO.

Back