Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll go for the The Legacy solo. It's especially the first half that does it (the second I find less impressive and it even ends messy): straight from the start Janick climbs higher and higher in a cool pattern. The uneven lengths of the notes are trademark Janick. You don't know when he places them, nor is it easy to predict which direction he takes, which makes it the more exciting. At the same time he manages to deliver a memorable melody. (Particular personal highlight: the high, pierced tone @ 0:11 in this clip.)

I hear the craftsmanship and feel in its opponent, but there's something about the choice of tones (perhaps in relation to the somewhat cacophonic music in the background) resulting in a less memorable piece.

Last edited:
I think I prefer Murray's constant leads through Thin Line more than this single solo, which is not as good (or as fun) as Janick's Legacy solo.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 3, 12th battle: Janick Gers' The Legacy solo (113) is eliminated. 088 advances to the 4th round.

Round 3: 13th battle:

Back