Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Maybe we should sticky the thread "New music thread..."

I'm seeing a lot of threads getting opened just for one band...that could easily be posted in this catch all thread for new releases,,,,

RBsMizH.jpg

How so? I listened to the solos, thought about them and decided it was unfair to vote for either one.
Laziness might not be the right term. All this is not that important but I wondered about the following (just comparing): Still, you made choices when you made top 10 solos for guitarists. That didn't go by itself. You wandered in the realms of the best of the best (according to you). I can imagine that it took effort to rank one solo above the other.

Last edited:
Maybe we should sticky the thread "New music thread..."

I'm seeing a lot of threads getting opened just for one band...that could easily be posted in this catch all thread for new releases,,,,
Disagree because where are we going to to draw the line? Which band deserves a thread and which doesn't? Amount of contributors? This would take some strict moderation. And what is as innocent as talking about music? ;) *cough, cough*

Last edited:
I agree with Forostar. As long as there's not already an existing thread, there's no harm in starting a new one for any single band. You never know who else on the forum may be a fan, with potentially a lot of useful information to contribute.

I think the original point of the thread when Mr K opened it was for regular short updates (he suggested on a Friday) on new music. New threads for bands or genres which don't already have a thread of their own are welcome. I'll update Perun's Artist Thread Index shortly to include some of the latest band threads.

I think the original point of the thread when Mr K opened it was for regular short updates (he suggested on a Friday) on new music.

Indeed. It's just a place to share new music - ideally so that people will be exposed to different/new things instead of just skipping over a thread with a band name they are unfamiliar with/previously disliked.

Helicopter with 13 people crashes outside Bergen. All 13 confirmed dead. Fuck ... I'm bound to know someonw who's lost a colleague or friend, considering I know a lot of people working in oil & gas. Don't think anyone I know personally were on board, but still ... :(

Helicopter with 13 people crashes outside Bergen. All 13 confirmed dead. Fuck ... I'm bound to know someonw who's lost a colleague or friend, considering I know a lot of people working in oil & gas. Don't think anyone I know personally were on board, but still ... :(
Now it makes me worry...I haven't heard from my girlfriend all day, and her brother and sister live in Bergen.

Sad to hear this Wingman. It was on the news here as well. Hope all is okay with your family-in-law and connections, Loosey.

Back