Iron Maiden pictures

0QYAs8J.jpg

Same, 29 years ago.

I'm much more into other Maiden albums now, but Somewhere in Time was my gateway drug.
And that was a year after Somewhere In Time was released, 29 years ago. Did you see them on the Somewhere In Time Tour? I also got into all of Maiden's albums along with Bruce's solo albums shortly after hearing Somewhere In Time but I still can't get enough Maiden even with all the B Sides.

I wish I did, but I couldn't because I was only 7 years old and I hadn't discovered Maiden yet. I wish I saw them on the Somewhere In Time Tour but I'm glad I saw them all the times that I did. I hope to see them at least a couple more times

Such an amazing photo of Ed Force One over Table Mountain. Does anybody know where we can get a high-res version?

I managed to find the first Iron Maiden website archived, ironmaiden.co.uk. Here are some screenshots:
261.jpg

262.jpg

I also managed to find a great interview with Steve Harris from 1997 containing some interesting stuff about Paul Di'Anno, Bruce and working with Blaze etc.
https://web.archive.org/web/19980625082051/http://www.ironmaiden.co.uk/Steve.htm#mark sneddon
As far as the press goes, Bruce has since leaving the band, and also at that time, made certain derogatory comments or remarks. We just tried to be gentlemanly about it and tried to keep out of it really, we didn’t want to get involved. There have been times since he left the band that he has done interviews around the world, and we have then done interviews for the same magazines afterwards and have been told about what he has been saying, but we still did not want to get involved. I think that he has done himself a lot of harm by saying these things because that’s not what the Maiden fans want to hear. As far as we were concerned, he left the band and we got on and dealt with it. We got someone else, carried on and we are really enjoying what we’re doing and that’s the main thing. If you think about it, he’s been out of the band for 4 years now, we are very happy about the situation now, and I think maybe a lot happier than he is, I don’t know. But yes, we did have a bit of a ‘falling out’, but I think it’s only to be expected with the way he reacted to his decision to quit.

So once we decided on Blaze, it was a question of writing the album and then recording. The recording took a long time, about a year, which was not down to Blaze, but because we done nearly a double albums worth of material. Also the fact that we were working with a new producer all added up to the album taking a long time to make. It was a lot longer than we wanted, but we knew it was very important to take our time and get it right, so that when we go out we can be confident of being the best we can be which is what we always try to do. There’s no point in rushing something like that. As far as we’re concerned we did a really strong album, went out and did a really strong tour and we were happy with it so now it’s a question of going in and doing another album. We’ve got an album and tour with Blaze under our belts and it’s worked out great. Part of the worry when you’ve got a new member is that you never know if they are going to work out personally, but Blaze has worked out brilliant. I’ve got to be honest, he is a lot more fun to work with. He’s one of the lads.

Back