Iron Maiden pictures

Every voyage can be a Maiden voyage!

Ah1FxQX.jpg

2IYZlex.jpg

Dave Murray in an advert for Crate amplifiers 1992.
s-l1600.jpg

Probably good amplifiers judging by his great guitar solo tone on "Fear of the Dark". :)

With the first two Adrian Smith SD proto's before hand delivering them at the 2007 Download Festival.
- Jackson Guitars.
16.jpg

The one to right was laten stoler after a show in Greece.

Last edited:
Did he ever get that back? I remember the appeals to find it, but never heard anything more after that.

I think he got it back, because it's the only one that says Custom Shop instead of his signature on the headstock. He this this prototype and the original Jackson as standard tuned tremolo guitars on tour.

Last edited:
I think he got it back, because it's the only one that says Custom Shop instead of his signature on the headstock.
Perhaps the Jackson Custom Shop made an identical replacement of it for him?

If so, this is the replacement:

340fa479-b765-4da3-bfb8-4f9d3ee44e8b.JPG

Picture from 2010.

b15cd486-0446-4aaf-91f4-ca95628621ec.JPG

In 2010 he used this one too. As you can see, it has a different "Custom Shop" logo from the other one, between the "Made in USA" text and his signature stamp.

The production model of this colour was sold in a limited run, in 2011 I think, while the other two remain in production as we speak.

Last edited:
I favored the GK 250MLs on SIT from 1986 the most. Best guitar tone ever
My favourite is his tone on Dance of Death (he sounds great with that delay - just listen to Rainmaker!), but yeah, SIT is great.

Found these pictures:
US Dave Murray Signature Stratocaster - Manufactured 2009-2014:
DaveMurrayStratocaster023.jpg

Dimarzio Super Distortion in bridge (Adrian has the same in his Jackson signature), vintage Fender single coil in middle position and Dimarzio PAF (gives you a real fat tone;)) in neck position. Based on his main guitar in the 80's.

The new Dave Murray Stratocaster, manufactured in Mexico, introduced on the market in 2015:
CA6F86C7-E19F-46E5-BC7C-EB1350321B97_zpsofpklywl.jpg

Hot Rails in bridge and neck, Jb Jr in the middle position (Janick has this model in his Strats too, but in neck and bridge positions). It is based on a model he has used from 2003 up to this day. :)

I'm happy to be an owner of both models. Both are great guitars and they bring you a variety of sounds. The Mexico model is in my opinion the best guitar you can get for that price on the market.

Last edited:
I still don't understand how Murray can play a guitar without a 22nd fret.
I think he goes for the sound over 1 extra fret. I noticed that his Sunburst strat's neck pickup sounds a lot warmer and fatter than his Cream strat's. Maybe that has something to do with pickup positioning and different fingerboard. Also all the pickups on both of his strats (Sunburst and Cream) were changed in 2013, apart from the neck pickup on the Sunburst guitar. Firstly to Hot Rails - Jb - Jb (neck to bridge) and then to Hot Rails - Jb - Hot Rails.

It's not like I ever really play up to the 22nd, and neither does Murray. I guess it's more of a mental thing for me. Just knowing I don't have a 22nd fret freaks me out.

Back