Official American Football Thread

Panthers doesn't have a Superbowl ring...

Who cares really if Manning bows out and retires with one more..he already has one. :D That would be the most boring Superbowl story ..."Manning retires with one more ring" ....Zzz

Here's how I choose:

- Carolina: I've been to North Carolina. It's hot and sticky. I don't like it very much.
- Denver: I have lived in Salt Lake City, and that's not far from Denver. I like mountains. Denver people seem pretty cool. Also, Denver winning would make for an uplifting plot, re: Manning, so, let's go Denver!

Though if Denver does not win, the locals have more (legal) options to mellow themselves out after a defeat

Half time performance was awful IMO. Bruno Mars is like a bootleg Michael Jackson and Chris Martin walks like Caesar from Planet of the Apes movies. Should've gotten Abbath to help Beyonce out with the crab dance :p

Half time performance was awful IMO. Bruno Mars is like a bootleg Michael Jackson and Chris Martin walks like Caesar from Planet of the Apes movies. Should've gotten Abbath to help Beyonce out with the crab dance :p

Should've been Britney Spears. The fanbase was really pushing for it. :p

I've just tuned into the game and I've already remembered how difficult it is to watch American football games. It's like it's a big time slot for commercials and you get a little bit of actual gameplay in between.

It was terrible. Coldplay's entire performance and visual concept seemed to be: "what if U2 were on the Magical Mystery Tour?"

I've already remembered how difficult it is to watch American football games.
Americans think European football is difficult to watch because it is very slow, so let's be careful we don't throw stones.

I cannot believe they booked Coldplay for the halftime show. Wow.

Agreed. Halftime show was terrible.
Congrats to Denver, and Peyton. This was the best way for him to go out. Cam Newton is so immature. When my QB threw a game winning INT last year he didn't whine.

Lets see how my predictions went.
Now that the preseason is over, I shall make some predictions.

- Sam Bradford will actually have a good season, but he will miss at least one game, and Chip Kelly being Chip Kelly, will start Tim Tebow. He will then proceed to win one game.
- Seattle will win the SB, beating the Colts.
- The Broncos finish 7-9
- Cleveland will have the first pick in the draft next year
- Adrian Peterson will run for 1900 yards, leading the Vikings to a 11-5 record.
- Despite getting Tom Brady back, the Patriots will end up with a 9-7 record and the Bills will win the division.
- JJ Watt will break the single season sack record. He will also catch 4 TD's
- Also in Texas, the Cowboys will trade for RG3.
- Jameis Winston will throw 20 interceptions, but win at least 8 games. On the other hand Marcus Mariota will end up as a bust.
- In a dramatic turn of events, the Raiders win 7 of their final 8 games and make the playoffs, but then lose to the Bills.
- Bills QB Tyrod Taylor will throw 26 TD's
- Seahawks rookie WR Tyler Lockett, will win The Rookie of the Year award.
- Marshawn Lynch will grab his crotch at the end of a long run and get suspended for one game. They will also fine him another 100k for refusing to speak to the media.

- No, pretty much the opposite.
- No
- Not even
- No, but they have the second.
- 1485 yards, and a 11-5 record. So I was kinda right
- No
- No
- Not yet.
- No, and No.
- No
- Close, he threw 20.
- No, but he was nominated. Next Antonio Brown, IMO.
- Nope. Goodbye Marshawn.

Back