NOW WATCHING

Watched The Keep (1983) last night.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(film)

80's horror movie directed by Michael Mann with Jurgen Prochnow, Gabriel Byrne, Ian McKellen & others; score by Tangerine Dream (@Forostar); and based on book by F. Paul Wilson. Have read some of F. Paul Wilson's short stories, but didn't know there was a film of this novel. Totally bizarre but highly enjoyable because it was kinda trashy & had epic 80's TD synth going on! :ok: (Apparently Paramount's interference is why the cinematic release of the film has so many serious plot holes...)

Last edited:
But was it TD? ;)
Due to rights issues, the version of the film that is currently available on streaming media sites contains a different score than its original release. A limited run of 150 original soundtrack CDs were sold at a concert by the group in the UK in 1997, and Virgin Records soon announced that the album would be available for general release in early 1998, but legal issues with the film studio stopped the release. The full score can be found in the laserdisc and VHS versions of the film.

But was it TD? ;)
Eh, no idea; probably not then. Still had big eighties synths though! :ok:

Watched Don't Look Now (1973) with Julie Christie & Donald Sutherland.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Look_Now

Interesting film, regarded as a "thriller", but with elements of the supernatural or, at least, implied supernatural; tho' ultimately a story of loss, grief & death. The interaction between Christie & Sutherland in general (i.e. of a relationship between two people) was surprisingly realistic viewing; it was portrayed very naturally, with frequent little nuanced interplays (smiles & touches) between the two actors. Essentially, to my mind, the drama (which usually ruins films for me personally) was non-obtrusive & appropriate. The directing & how the whole film looked, the atmosphere, was very much to my liking. The film, although fairly conclusive in some elements, also left lots of threads & ideas open to interesting speculation. The film was full of occult ideas well handled, implied supernatural events & singularly lacked in any happy rounding-up ending. Interesting viewing. Now regarded as a classic "horror" film apparently.

Finished watching Netflix's Master Of None show. It was pretty good. Quite a thoughtful show and also very relatable. Definitely does not play like a usual comedy, pretty much whenever I expected a trope resolution, they didn't go that way. Ending was quite... feely, but overall I enjoyed it. Interested where they'll take the show with Season 2. I felt some of the acting was dodgy, but it only got better plus it was only some minor characters who didn't really work out.

Don't watch the new trailer for Batman vs. Superman, basically reveals the entire plot <_<
I'm definitely in the minority with the BVS trailers it seems. I hated the last trailer, loved the new one. Did it reveal anything we weren't already expecting?

Don't watch the new trailer for Batman vs. Superman, basically reveals the entire plot <_<

I don't care about the film, but Jesse Eisenberg's performance in the trailer looks like a career-ending one to me. (Facepalm cringe shudder etc.) Ben Affleck should be the least of the problems - he on the contrary seems awesome in this role. Would be sad if he's amazing and the film sucks though.

I liked Jesse Eisenberg in most of his movies, didn't mind him in the trailer. Only really bothered by TMI in the trailer.

Is it bad that I'm more excited about the new Independence Day movie, than I am for Star Wars?
Same here. Although that doesn't tell you very much since I'm more excited about the things I can scrape out from under my nails than for Star Wars.

Saw The Walk. I found it very enjoyable and more suspenseful than one would expect. But if you're afraid of heights, you'd better skip it.

Saw The Walk. I found it very enjoyable and more suspenseful than one would expect. But if you're afraid of heights, you'd better skip it.
I find it shocking you saw it considering almost everyone in it is speaking with that atrocious French accent :p I like Joseph Gordon Levitt but because of that I struggled to even get through the trailer. And also I'm scared of heights.

Back