The Post Your Own Music Thread

I'm not a musician at all, but I'm really enjoying going through this thread and listening to everything. There's a lot of talent in this community!

I have put music online on bandcamp ==> https://lievervragenopeenvandieanderedagen.bandcamp.com/

It is older music (2009 - 2011) with Dutch poems by a friend, not really sung, mostly spoken. Some of it is funny, other more serious, philosophical, but I doubt if that lyrical content is of much interest to non-Dutch, and very hard to translate because it has many puns.

Hope you like the music though. It's not metal. More lighter and poppy stuff than some other stuff I've posted in the past.

Last edited:
I have put music online on bandcamp ==> https://lievervragenopeenvandieanderedagen.bandcamp.com/

It is older music (2009 - 2011) with Dutch poems by a friend, not really sung, mostly spoken. Some of it is funny, other more serious, philosophical, but I doubt if that lyrical content is of much interest to non-Dutch, and very hard to translate because it has many puns.

Hope you like the music though. It's not metal. More ligher and poppy stuff than some other stuff I've posted in the past.
Did you play something on that album?

Thanks for your feedback! Much appreciated! To be frank, this is more feedback than I got from Dutch people! :eek:

I did all music, apart from

- rhythms in songs 3 & 7
- bass guitars (yes there are two: in left and in right channels ! :) ) and keyboard in left channel in song 5
- keyboard in left channel in song 6

Thanks for your feedback! Much appreciated! To be frank, this is more feedback than I got from Dutch people! :eek:

- rhythms in songs 3 & 7
- bass guitars (yes there are two: in left and in right channels ! :) ) and keyboard in left channel in song 5
Foro, what about Path of the Beast (spoken word in English) and Revel In Greatness (which I didn't get to hear); are they hitting Bandcamp any time soon? :)

- rhythms in songs 3 & 7
Ah, cool. I thought you play drums only. Overall it doesn't sound like my cup of tee, but I can hear many nice ideas throughout the thing. It doesn't sound amateurish musically, but the arrangements are very raw. In terms of mixing, the most striking thing is the panning abuse :p Everything is either hard left or hard right, which doesn't sound good. Anyway, I'd be interested to hear more of your compositions in the future.

Yeah, definitely some nice ideas in there but as Srogyy pointed out, panning things 100% left or right usually sounds rough on the ears.

Ah, well that's something I prefer I guess (or done with my ideas and capabilities of mixing). In any case, I wanted to have a broad spectrum, or else certain things will drown under other stuff.

IMO the rough thing is more that this is a low quality file.

A broad spectrum is good of course but it's generally a good idea to double-track stuff that is panned hard.

Back