Official Football Thread

Arsenal-United, Bayern-Dortmund and Real-Atletico today. Hopefully a great day for football. Too bad Arsenal-United and Bayern-Dortmund clash. Probably gonna stick to the one with the best available stream.

Shouldn't have laughed at Ivanovic lately, Rooney is pretty much the same problem for United right now.

The inconsistency of this team to deliver performances of their potential is mind-boggling and as a fan, saddening. This team has immense potential, as shown in the first half. The team is full of players with great technique, pace and conditioning. That's recipe for success in the modern game. But modern game also warrants moving up and down the field as a team and playing direct, counter-attacking based football. It's something Arsenal can definitely do. For too long and on too many occasions Arsenal's build up play has been slow, passing the ball around with no substance. The display I see today is way closer to my ideals, way more direct, way more opportunistic when it comes to counter attacks, pressing up as a team rather than depending on certain players to do the work, going for aggression instead of settling for the comfort of the possession game.

I can only hope it continues. Not just this match but in the future.

Basically, Arsenal did everything right while United had not realized the game had started. The space Arsenal were given, the complete lack of aggressivity, the ridiculously long time it took to make even a sinple pass ... not a single United player showing that they're fit to wear the shirt.

Infuriating performance. I'm not stunned, I'm pissed off.

Horrible game. Arsenal wasn't so impressive, but they had golden 20 minutes at the beginning and didn't have to do much to sustain that lead.

Horrible game. Arsenal wasn't so impressive, but they had golden 20 minutes at the beginning and didn't have to do much to sustain that lead.

They dominated the first half and sit on top of the lead they got. They were as impressive as they come.

Meanwhile Bayern dominated Dortmund by 5-1. 8/8 in the league now. 28 scored 4 conceded.

Arsenal were impressive for 30 minutes, United didn't force them to bring out their best during the remaining 60.

However, Arsenal were extra impressive because United let them be. Whenever Arsenal had the ball, the nearest United player was too far away to put them under pressure. United's attack was non-existent for 40 minutes. The whole team seemed to lack energy, which is puzzling. Away to a rival, this isn't how you play.

But Arsenal used the space United gave them, to produce some great attacking football. Can't take that away from them, credit where it's due. Congrats @The Flash.

Old Trafford will be a different story :devil2:

Go Southampton (Koeman and Stekelenburg!) Saw tbeir victory over Chelsea, live, in an Amsterdam restaurant.

UrkuAB3.gif

Back