If Eternity Should Fail

How good is If Eternity Should Fail on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
On first listen I get a distinct AMOLAD (Lord of Light anyone?), No Prayer, X Factor, TFF and Chemical Wedding vibe.

But that's the thing, it already has it's own identity even while nodding its head to what came before. I really enjoyed it, really sets the tone for the rest of the album.

Last edited:
I think those are the same lyrics that I posted the other day, even down to the missing line! :p

haha, I'm really sorry. I didn't saw it. I got this in a brazilian website.

All in all, good job and thank you for the transcription! I was looking for them.

haha, I'm really sorry. I didn't saw it. I got this in a brazilian website.

All in all, good job and thank you for the transcription! I was looking for them.

Hahah, its no problem, in fact its good that they're hosted on there so that more people will be able to see them!

Best opener since... ever! Yes, I said it. This is the best opener on any Maiden album, ever. My favourite before must have been CSIT. But this one wins, so heavy, so good. The voice of Bruce, so powerful. It also makes me wonder how many of Bruce's solo songs would have sounded like if they were played with, and produced with the assistance of Maiden.

This song is one of their best. Straight 10. It's straight outta Chemical Wedding. Satanic stuff.
The only bad thing about it is that, together with the closing track, they start and end the album with a standard other songs can't follow :|

Best opener since... ever! Yes, I said it. This is the best opener on any Maiden album, ever. My favourite before must have been CSIT. But this one wins, so heavy, so good. The voice of Bruce, so powerful. It also makes me wonder how many of Bruce's solo songs would have sounded like if they were played with, and produced with the assistance of Maiden.

I baldy want them to do Book Of Thel live.

I have a major problem with this song, am i really supposed to believe that an Immortal cosmic zombie that harvests and devours the souls of humanity for all of eternity would start it's introduction with "Good Day" :p

I can't get enough of this amazing song! And it's interesting that it doesn't have a lead guitar solo in the middle, but it's so amazing that it doesn't need one. So, that makes how many Maiden songs like that? I know of The Talisman and of course Iron Maiden. I'm sure there is 1 or 2 more.

Perhaps he's a sarcastic immortal cosmic zombie? :p
Well, maybe he's just well-mannered. No reason you shouldn't say good day to someone, even if you're going to devour their immortal soul.

As for the song, after two full listens to the album, I think it's the best one on it. It has no superfluous parts, it's not a jumble of forcibly repeating riffs or melodies, it's simply condensed to the right measure. Bruce sounds extremely powerful in his lower range. It's a top 10 Maiden song for me.

Sir Winston once said, "After all, if you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."

I've listened to the whole album 4 times now and I find myself humming IESF's chorus after every listen and throughout the day. I think its my favorite track so far.

Back